GreaseSpot Cafe

Norah Jones...

jezusfreaky

Omagosh! Have you guys heard this little girl sing?!?!!?

She's wonderful! Very smooth jazzy type, voice like french silk! She's only 24! Her and Alicia Keys are 2 of the most talented young artists in recent time. IMHO.

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

''...show a little faith, there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright, oh, and that's alright with me...''

-Bruce Springsteen

Paw...

I agree...she is quite a prodigy. I love good Jazz, my grandfather played the drums in a swing/jazz band. I guess I have it in my blood. Looking forward to hearing more from her.

A la...

Isn't humbleness so flattering??? It makes you like the artist even more when they remember where they came from and that they're just mere mortals like you and I. That's why I love Springsteen so much, even after all of his accomplishments, he's still just a kid from Freehold (NJ).

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

''...show a little faith, there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright, oh, and that's alright with me...''

-Bruce Springsteen

Jesusfreaky,

Yes, humbleness is certainly a treat to see in the performing industry. Egos I'm sure are as thick as molasses in January in those places.

So it is very refreshing to see such a thing.

She is certainly a true musician. Her versatility is certainly something I admire about her. She's jazzy, she's bluesy, she's country, she's folksy...she's all over the place in her sound, yet she does it all very well. Amazing in my books.

Great chattin' with you JesusFreaky!

'til the next time...

One of my clients turned me on to her about a year ago. I walked in to his office and his was listening to one of her cd's and it just totally blew me away! She's awsome!

HERE, for your listening pleasure, is one of my favorites! It's just a low quality wav file, but if anyone wants the mp3, let me know.

Rick

Got her new CD yesterday, ''Feels Like Home''...wonderful!!!

She does a duet with Dolly Parton on a song named ''Creepin' In''...for you bluegrass fans (I'm a closet bluegrass fan myself!icon_wink.gif;)--> ) it's really good.

She's quite the prodigy, this kid.

Peace and Love.

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

-Bruce Springsteen

She is marvelous - a real talent in a sea of blonde Divas! Didn't know she was Shankar's

daughter - I googled it and it seems they weren't very close.

Her Texas roots show in this CD - it's really different from the first one - but I like it just as much, maybe more.

Hope R. color>size>face>

... there's a star on the far horizon, rising bright in an azure sky,

for the rest of the time that you're given, why walk when you can fly?

Mary Chapin Carpentersize>color>

[This message was edited by Hope R. on March 06, 2004 at 19:06.]

There's an article in this week's Entertainment Weekly about how Jones' new album illustrates the shift in the music business in the MP3 Age. Among the points: Make a GOOD album, and people will BUY it. (Jones sold over 1 million copies the first week, which hasn't been done in over a year.)

Watched her on SNL last night...the measure of a good musician (IMHO, of course) is how they sound live, without all the mixing and computerized ''fixing'' of a studio.

Yep...she's the real deal folks...may I introduce you to the new Lena Horne????

Peace and Love.

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

-Bruce Springsteen

I told fog navigator about her about 1 1/2 yrs ago and we went out and bought her album too!

She is good, can't wait to see her mature.

When she is live she looks nervious. Its interesting. Love her voice tho.

thanks for the name of her new cd freaky.

suz icon_biggrin.gif:D-->