GreaseSpot Cafe

Did LCM Plagiarize?

JustThinking

That's why his ripped-off stuff is largely mangled sports metaphors and catchphrases

like "go 'til you hear glass break."

Which I never understood. Why do we want to hear glass break? In what context does going the distance or giving your all cause glass to literally break? It never made sense to me and still doesn't. :wacko:

LC's claim to fame was that he bought VP's line, word for word.

When the R&E book was being edited LCM claimed concern that it would be longer than VP's longest book, Jesus Christ Our Passover. Its final version was in fact shorter to LCM's great relief.

Regarding hearing the glass break... I believe and I could be totally wrong about this but I beleive he was refering to breaking the sound barrier.

I lived in Colorado when they were flying some of the first sound barrier exercises and there were rules about how high up they had to be because of windows being broken.

some Reference!

http://archives.cbc.ca/science_technology/aeronautics/clips/1220/

Regarding hearing the glass break... I believe and I could be totally wrong about this but I beleive he was refering to breaking the sound barrier.

leafty.......in 1996, martindale's wap class [The Way of Abundance and Power] had the stage set for his athletic background i.e. baseball, football. His father was his little league coach and drilled the kids to give their utmost effort. One of the statements that lcm's father would say often, "Go till you hear glass."

Apparently, this was in reference to a long-hit baseball either breaking a glass paned window/door OR the baseball player running, looking over his shoulder for the flyball, and not seeing the obstacle directly in front of him.....ie BREAKING GLASS.

Anyhow, that's how I remember it......and I think it's fairly accurate.

:dance:

Ah good point thanks I hadn't thought of that.

I was thinking in terms of speed because of the running part and well I never saw Athletes of the Spirit perhaps a good thing.

I just remember all the running the Corps did. I got corraled into it as a WOW (Our Family Coordinator was going into the Corps and then when I married My Husband I had to do a couple of Corps runs at the Limb.

• 1 month later...
Did LCM Plagiarize?

maybe I should ask the proverbial equivalent question, all testing the Greasespot cuss checker at the same time..

does the bear dang in the woods?

I'll withhold my observation and claims to existence until the next post..

:biglaugh:

Edited by Ham

jj, I think he was content to let others write his almost complete set of "sermons" for him..

He had other matters to attend to....so many women so little time :biglaugh:

He had other matters to attend to....so many women so little time :biglaugh:

So that's what his "Rise & Expansion" book was about? :rolleyes: (Ok, that was cheesy) I actually bought a copy but only read the portions we read as a group. Didn't the AC grads have reviews of some sort of his book? My memory is kind of fuzzy but I seem to remember there was some mandatory thing about his book.

Anyone else remember that?

JT

So that's what his "Rise & Expansion" book was about? :rolleyes: (Ok, that was cheesy) I actually bought a copy but only read the portions we read as a group. Didn't the AC grads have reviews of some sort of his book? My memory is kind of fuzzy but I seem to remember there was some mandatory thing about his book.

Anyone else remember that?

JT

I don't remember Advanced Class grads having work to do, but I would not be surprised if that happened closer to the book's release date and before I became involved. However, it was mandatory reading on either my candidate or apprentice year when I was going through the in-residence corpse training. I doubt it is anymore. They have tried to scrub The Forehead from as much as possible.

On a side note they developed a slide show detailing the history of the way international. They played it at an advanced class special for the first time, in 2002 I think. Now they play it at the advanced class each summer. Anyway, it spends lots of time on Victor Paul Wierwille and when it gets to The Forehead it is like a dishonorable mention. It's only a sentence or two. When I saw it, they were using a photo of his installation (or ordination) and his back is turned to the crowd. Victer Paul and Don Wierwille were laying hands on him and it looked like Victor Paul was prophesying on him. Then they moved on. It was comical.