GreaseSpot Cafe

98 percent ot 97 percent or what percent

year2027

God

Hi All

VPW and the Way taught that 98% of the word of God interpretation itself in the verse

But what if it is 97%? How would they know its 98% and not 97% or 85%

Unless they understood 98% of the word of God and taught it But they only taught about etc percent of the truths in the bible

Why will I not set a percent to how must they taught because I do not want to get puff up like they did

Nor do I want to lie by making a statement that I can not prove right or wrong

When you say a guess is fact you are lieing

Now I heard some say the words of the bible do not interpretate themself but God teaches them to us as we read and ask God for understanding

And this makes sense to me

Now I add this statement the 98% the Way taught is what I recall but maybe some one can give a better quote of what they said

with love Roy

NOT a "numbers" guy myself icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

To me --- 98% vs. 95% vs. 85% is all the same. Where do these numbers come from, and how are they substantiated! icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

All "polls" that spout numbers, have their own special spin to them. My question would be --- "Where did vpw get his statistics", and "were they "God-breathed" icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_eek.gificon_smile.gif:)-->

Roy,

It was a figure of speech and not to be taken as mathematically exact. It's like saying, "I'm 98 percent positive" or "behind you 110 percent"

VPW used "98 percent" to simply convey the idea that the vast majority of scripture interpreted itself "in the verse".

Goey

God

Hi Goey

I can see that saying it "interpreted itself in the verse" as a figure of speech

But once one adds a percent to a figure of speech they are not adding a another figure of speech but a lie

figure of speech can be understood and draw a picture to the statment spoken or wrote

But adding a percent is somthing that can be check out with math

Now I know some call that a figure of speech

but its not and its a way of boasting because one is puff up

with love Roy

From PFAL

quote:
It was a remarkable revelation to us who do Biblical research to discover that the vast majority of the Word of God does interpret itself right where it is written. I would estimate that from Genesis to Revelation 85 to 90 per cent of the Word of God interprets itself in the verse. (PFAL p 147)

Here, Wierwille clearly says it was just an "estimate". But who knows what it was actually based upon?

In any case, I would not take these percentages as being exact. Wirewille did not present them as being exact.

Roy,

I don't know where you got he idea that the percentage was presented as absolute fact. I suspect though that it is more about how you see things in either black or white than what was actually taught in PFAL/TWI in this particulat instance.

You may want to consider reading what was actually writen in PFAL, before you call something a "lie". This is not one of them.

Goey

God

Hi Goey

I see what I recalled was not right

quote:
Now I add this statement the 98% the Way taught is what I recall but maybe some one can give a better quote of what they said

I glad I added this to my first post because I no longer had the books

But any way thanks for helping me get that straight in my understanding

I guess it came up because I work on written a teaching on how to understand the bible for my learning

Thanks

with love Roy