GreaseSpot Cafe

HBO ~ Sitcoms and Mini-series ~ Are Grrrreat!

My absolute most favorite all time HBO series is.......drum roll here (to give it it's proper due).....Six Feet Under!

We have little SFU get togethers around here. First, a bunch of folks come over on Sunday evening to watch it with us. Once the show has started, we don't answer the phone or the door and nobody is allowed to talk at all during the show. It's a ritualistic thing! Then, on Monday evening, we watch the rerun and critique the show. Of course, the rest of the week we are gossiping about Keith and David or Claire and Billy...or, OMG...Nathan and Brenda and Brenda's parents!!!!!!!!!!

Uh oh...I've gotten started...now I've gotta stop....I've gotta stop....backing away from the 'puter now....

37cef360.jpgThe current mood of CoolWaters@cox.net a</p>

Oh CW -

It's my new favorite. Talk about your dysfunctional families!!!

I'm thrilled that they're re-running the first year over again because I didn't catch on to it until the end of that year. Now I understand the significance of the bus!

Do you think Claire will get into that art school or did she really blow it like she thinks she did?

I love the Soprano's, too - (thank you Zix). John and I once counted how many times they said the "eff" word in 10 minutes - I think it was 18 - but I did lose count after that.

Just the name of the strip club "The Bada-Bing" is enough to make me laugh.

I don't think it should be on at 8:00 though - but the other Sunday shows are worse.

I didn't like the bonus season of Sex and the City. I think they may have "jumped the shark" with that one.( http://www.jumptheshark.com/ )(Miranda's baby, Charlotte's separation, Samatha's in love and Carrie ditching Aiden - something I would never do!)

I don't know what they're going to do about Sarah Jessica Parker's real life pregnancy, but I hope they don't write a baby into the script for Carrie.

Does anyone watch "Oz" - I don't - it's a bit TOO scary for me.

Hope R. color>size>face>

[This message was edited by Hope R. on June 23, 2002 at 13:57.]

I just got HBO again last year and caught an episode of Sex and the City and I am an addict. I rented the first three episodes so I can catch up. I have not ventured towards the other shows yet. I do want to catch a few episodes of six feet under and then slowly work my way to the Sopranos, etc.

SFU:

I do think that Claire's little breakdown may have actually helped her get into the art school. If not, I think one of the Chenowiths (or maybe all?) will come along and rescue her.

Nate is driving me insane. He's such a self-centered wah baby! And what about Maya? A baby needs her father around, but that darned Nate signed his rights away. Hmmm?! I know Maya has brought Ruth a who new meaning to her life. It's about time, too...Ruth was gonna end up like David: arrested for sex in a back alley! LOL!

Who here thinks Keith is gonna end up knocking the hell outta David?

Oz

My best friend is an Oz addict. Which means that I watch out of courtesy to him...so that we have something to talk about when he's bored with SFU. LOL!

It's guttural, that's for sure. There are times when I'm in the mood for and time when I'm not.

Sex and the City

I loved it...at first. Now it's boring to me.

Oh hey, Hope...I just went to the jump the shark site...kewl! I like it! And I have to agree that Sex in the City has jumped the shark.

37cef360.jpghttp://www.imood.com/query.cgi?email=CoolWaters@cox.net'>The current mood of CoolWaters@cox.net a</p>

He's dangerous when he's off his meds! Stay away from him!

The tat was a match to Brenda's...something they did to commemorate something from their childhood. Remember that Brenda is the main character in the book (on the show) "Charlotte Bright and Dark" (or whatever). Somewhere along the line me and my friends got the idea that the tats have something to do with an incestuous relationship between Billy and Brenda. Nothing ever was said out-and-out...so we are assuming from things said/done on the show. Who knows?

Anyway, one of the things that led up to Billy going to the psych hospital was that during a manic phase he removed his tat with a box knife (or artist's knife? some sort of utility knife) and acted like he was going to kill Nate and Brenda with the same knife.

Evidently this is all symbolic of Billy's need to discard that part of his life.

37cef360.jpgThe current mood of CoolWaters@cox.net a</p>

• 3 weeks later...

Best HBO Mini-Series to date: From The Earth To The Moon (Runner Up: Band of Brothers)

Best HBO Long-Series to date: The Sopranos (Runner Up: Sex & The City)

Granted, I haven't watched everything HBO has done, notably missing 6 Feet Under.

• 2 weeks later...