GreaseSpot Cafe

Should we go back

Wonder

What kind of organization is it when people are seriously talking about waiting for top leaders to "die off" before any chnages can be made? I remember thinking that on a local level more than once. We'd have a psycho branch or limb coordinator, and couldn't wait until Corps assignments to see if he'd be reassigned.

And what if there are "sleepers" or "moiles" out there, climbing the ladder of leadership while somehow remaining "pure"? Do you have any idea how tough it is to truly lead a "double life"? There are several of us who did just that for a short period of time...it grinds you down.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of organization is it when people are seriously talking about waiting for top leaders to "die off" before any chnages can be made?

Really, and truly, think about it.

Is waiting for bad leadership to die off

YOUR ONLY OPTION?

LEAVE while you still have some sanity...

Good point, Oak!

If things are NOT right (and they aren't) and things are NOT being changed (and they aren't; it's only superficial and it's only in some areas) and people aren't being told the truth (and they aren't) - then it's not only NOT A GODLY MINISTRY, but it's not even the ministry they signed up for.

People used to tell me that if my husband would choose a group of people (TWI) over me, his wife, then it wasn't a marriage at all. I see the people staying with TWI who have good hearts as being in the same boat I was in.

Why wait for people to die? Why not face the fact that they are the ones training the future generation? Why not go to one of the many, many places that already really and truly are what you so desperately want TWI to be? That's where you will hear exciting and wonderful teachings; get to do fun things that you decide to do; meet people who care and love you UNCONDITIONALLY; and where you can ask questions and talk about things you want to talk about and disagree with things without being kicked out and your reputation being slandered.

problem was that the people that we *ministered* to, ended up being deeply hurt further down the line....people trusted twi and its leaders to be Godly and honorable and were deeply wounded.......because they trusted us......[\quote\

That statement is a HUGE ISSUE! Many of us have encouraged others to stand and believe with an organization that turned on them once it became convenient. A relationship wth God is a personal one; it doesn't depend upon any organization---period!

The only way for twi to come clean and to really change is to

start with a public apology then start changing their doctrine.

I won't for a second believe twi is changing until that public apology is made.

And were they to make that apology, I still would not go back.

I made it out safely the first time.

I may not be so lucky the second.

David

Edited by dmiller

And were they to make that apology, I still would not go back.

I made it out safely the first time.

I may not be so lucky the second.

David

Go back? :nono5: Never ever :nono5: I was trying to say that that may start the change in twi to "start" to move things in the right direction. Hell it would take twi 100 years to right the wrongs even if they were aggressive about it. Well they are not going to admit they were wrong any how.

twi to me is like a "double flusher" . I am going to keep on flushing until the whole thing is in the sewer. :wink2:

Edited by justloafing

Among actors and professional athletes, when one gets like WAAAY too full of himself, the saying goes:

"He's starting to believe his clippings." (or something to that effect.) People in the public spotlight often start believing the positive things written about them, then start acting like they are "great," usually as in "greater than you."

Then they really become a-holes, nobody, even their best friends can tell them anything contrary, or in any way negative about their behavior. They begin to think their excrement smells like roses. Outside in when we see them we go, "What's that funky smell?" All the while they are languishing in what they feel is a sweet smelling aroma.

That would describe TWI. From what I've seen of them in recent years, they seem to "believe their clippings."

Problem is, THEY wrote the majority of them, like 98%. The other 2% were written by people they duped into writing what they told them of themselves. An iconic reference for me is those "Singing Ladies of The Way." When Trudy Bayne first made the scene @ TWI she would light up the stage like a true broadway performer, Claudette would give you goosebumps performing a song you'd heard a hundred times before.

Now they have all of the stage presence of a group of cardboard cutouts.

Why can't they see that?

Any apparent "change for the better" w/TWI is nothing more than a veneer like a piece of fine LOOKING pressboard furniture that one would buy at K-Mart. Underneath its just not actually what it represents itself to be.

There is NO reason to return. If you were able to glean some good from your TWI experience, thank God for it and move on with your life. As the years go by God will show you more and more of Himself. The more you see of God the more obvious the answer to the question of this thread is. I want to say, "I aint mad at them." But. When one sees them for what they actually are, its very hard not to be.

NO. Emphatically.

NO.

Don't go back.

Don't even think about it.

Edited by HCW

Hi,

I just posted this on another thread but it seemed to line up with the question here.

I have been catching up on some of the posts here and just wanted to let you know that we also faced the same trials that you face. I knew in my heart that God would honor any decision my husband and I made and that The Body of Christ would still continue to function. We did not know what God had in store for us but we knew that living with TWI was not going to be the best route to move God's Word.

There would be too many questions and things to explain to new people and their families because people will ultimately check out the web site. So we decided that God had to be first and his Word had to come before good friends, even if they were believers. We never felt bitter toward those in our fellowships and most from our area also left soon after. Now we continue to fellowship, just don't have a title. The Word is hot and moving again and God's agenda is being fullfilled.

So that's really what it comes down to. What is the best for moving the Word and growth in your own lives and that of your children. It would actually be good for them to learn that God comes first. The burden put on believers from TWI is unrealistic. Most who are in do not even know what happened so they would have a very hard time disputing with new people who may have checked them out. God does not want this added stress in a believer's life. He wants us blessed in moving His word. If people will come with a huge load of doubt, the manifestations will not flow, deliverance and healing will not happen as readily as if people are certain of the Word they are taught. The TWI would be better changing their whole structure, changing their name and moving on, instead of hanging onto MAN MADE traditions.

So that's what we did, we put God 1st and never looked back. We still have great relationships with many believers and God will guide you also to where YOUR ministry can function to it's best.

love you and God bless your hearts for wanting to see his Word alive and moving again.