GreaseSpot Cafe

Post # 3,000 ---I'm NOT leaving

dmiller

I'm sticking it out. Never thought I would be posting on WHY I choose to stay, but here it is.

Saw that this post was #3,000, and decided to declare myself "in", in honor of the occasion. I will not be a part of the "mass exodus" leaving. Reguardless of the insults, innuendoes, allegations, bickering, fights, name-calling, quotes and mis-quotes, mistaken intentions, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseum - this is home.

Drive down the road -- Woops! Going too fast, and there's a cop with the radar. You just got busted. My question -- will you quit driving??? HellNo, of course you won't. It wouldn't cross your mind to turn in your "driver's license", and say "I won't drive anymore", any more than it would cross your mind to stop drinking coffee, since one cup you had at the Golden Arches was too hot, and you burned yourelf. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Yet a few posters cause dissention -- WAIT A MINUTE --icon_eek.gif Did they cause dissention, or was it our "over-reaction" that caused the ensuing "fire-fight"? I didn't like some of the thread topics any more than you all did, but there has been enough discussion about all of that.

I don't know about you all, but for me personally, I deal with this crap on a daily basis at my work site. Maybe you do too. Here is a little something I posted on the ex-JW site, and I think it to be appropriate, right about now.

quote:
posted by Refiner:

I think Exy, TomStrange, Dmiller and George Aar are "in" posters who are very reasonable minded.

my response to him was :

quote:
Thank you for including me as "in", and reasonably minded. I have never subscribed to the former, yet have always attempted to attain the latter.

God knows reasonable thinking is needed everywhere, (these days). I can be patient, and "reasonable", 'cuz I do it on a daily basis with four gents whose "handi-caps", "disabilities", whatever you want to call it, demand such from me.

I do everthing from cooking their meals, to wiping their butts. And more often than not, I get an attitude thrown my way, just for good measure. Every day I go into work, I haven't got a clue what the day will hold in store for me. It is a "wait-and-see" situation.

For me -- and I speak for myself only -- GreaseSpot is just the same. I get off work, I log in, and check out what is going on. Sometimes I gotta cook the meal (pleasant), and other times I gotta wipe the butt (not so pleasant).

But over all, the experience is one, and I take it all in stride. both GSCafe, and the work situation.

imho -- EVERYONE has handicaps. The only difference is, some of them are online.

Be it work, or online, I do what I can.

So I'm going to do just what I can do, and have always done. I'm good with the handi-capped. Guess I need more experience with the ones who are online.

Nuff said. I'm not leaving, icon_smile.gif:)-->

And this is directed at no one in particular, just an IMHO.

God bless.

David

Dmiller,

Thank you for the kindness you bring to the Cafe.

Did you know that there was only one David in both Old and New Testaments?

And all references to David refer to him.

now IMO, each "David" is a touch of the Lord's kindness into the world.

In the same fashion that the Lord had to wait so long to be able to give His Holy Spirit to the millions and milliions of "whosoever"s it's now available to, so there are millions of Davids I would guess since the end of writing of the Bible, and each is a treasure (such as yourselficon_smile.gif:)-->).

Hopefully,

Kit

quote:
posted by WhiteDove

Only because you have high hopes of surpassing Excathedra in number of posts.

That'll NEVER happen, and no -- I'm not trying for that. icon_wink.gif;)-->

quote:
Posted by Wayfer Not:

How much free time do you have? I see you started in December 2003. I have been here a year longer, and I don't even have 2,000 yet. Do you need a girlfriend or what????? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

No -- my work hours are such that I have a lot of time "available" to be on-line at night. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> (I tried the girl-friend thing) icon_frown.gif:(-->

quote:
Posted by Kit Sober:

Dmiller,

Thank you for the kindness you bring to the Cafe.

Did you know that there was only one David in both Old and New Testaments?

And all references to David refer to him.

now IMO, each "David" is a touch of the Lord's kindness into the world.

Kit -- dadgum it, stop that! Yer taking me places I don't want to go!

(but -- thank you!! icon_smile.gif:)--> )

quote:
posted by Wyteduv:

CLAP,CLAP,CLAP Well said Kit well said. I couldn't have said it better Dave is a gem.

Yea -- a diamond in the rough! icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_eek.gif

quote:
posted by Tom S:

and the name "David" means "beloved of God" (at least that's what I always told my sainted Mother when I was in trouble!) Of course, here I'm known as Tom.

Tom sounds good to me. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

My intent -- was NOT to "glorify" the number of the post, but to state my intent to stick around. Some have left, some will be back, who knows?? This site is like a river -- fluid. I'm gonna stick around and see what is there beyond the next "bend", or the next set of "rapids".

There is enough positive stuff happening here, that it negates the negative!

icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_cool.gificon_smile.gif:)--> icon_cool.gificon_smile.gif:)-->

"negates the negative"?? is that an oxymoron? icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

dmiller:

I'm almost up to 3000 myself, and I'm not leaving either.

This was a place that I could come to when I was at the lowest point of my life. A place where I could hammer out where I stood on God and religion and my old cult.

There's always going to be folks who want to stir up the carp, who want to attack others, or who just plain insist on being stupid.

Welcome to life.

I've had the privelege of meeting almost thirty of you guys and gals over the last several years, and have made some good friends.

I was sorry to see some people leave due to the recent cyber-brawling, I'll miss them here. I've registered and post some over at Raf's place, but it's a Christian forum, and I'll never really be able to give my honest, unvarnished opinion about some things over there.

I'm sorry to see some GSers trashing other GSers at another site.

But anyway, I'm sticking it out over here with dmiller! anim-smile.gif

quote:
I've had the privelege of meeting almost thirty of you guys and gals over the last several years, and have made some good friends.

I was sorry to see some people leave due to the recent cyber-brawling, I'll miss them here. I've registered and post some over at Raf's place, but it's a Christian forum, and I'll never really be able to give my honest, unvarnished opinion about some things over there.

I'm sorry to see some GSers trashing other GSers at another site.

But anyway, I'm sticking it out over here with dmiller!

Oak -- My feelings exactly!! icon_smile.gif:)-->

For what it's worth, my post number was unimportant to me. Having been "schooled" in twi about the usage of numbers (plagarized from EW Bullinger), I, in my twi (still some of it there) mindset, decided to post on that particular number that I was sticking around. Nothing more, or less.

GSCafe is going thru hard times (my perspective), by folks saddling up, and heading out because of what has been going on. My only intent in posting what I did, was to say I am staying.

And I hope you all do surpass me. Means (to me) that there will be folks here posting, discussing, argueing, living life, and existing in a "reality" world, other than that which we once encountered.

Searcher -- I would love to see you reach 3,000 posts here. You contribute a lot, and if you got to that number, well -- that would indicate that you thought it worthwhile to stick around.

Long live GreaseSpot -- in it's entirety