The Purpose Driven Life

Hills Bro

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Originally posted by Catcup:

Just trying to imagine Debra Sleepr in that bunny outfit nearly made me lose my breakfast!

CATCUPicon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Well given the alternative Rosalie icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif I could live with that. Rosalie in a bunny suit, now that would just make me not want to eat.. for a long time.

quote:
Originally posted by Belle:

LOL!!! Is that his Hugh Heffner Wanna-be costume?? icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Exactly Belle...Hef Martindale

I'm sure he had plans to turn the Fountain of Living Waters into a grotto like Hef's....

grotto1.jpg

The Playboy Mansion Grotto.

grotto2.jpg

Another grotto shot, normally full of naked drunkards.

• 2 years later...

Back to the top for Belle...... I TOLD YOU HE WAS DANGEROUS Check out Peter Drucker on page 2

Do you still look like your bunny picture above? :dance::biglaugh:

Rick Warren is more subtle, and his references to health versus disease cloak his hostility toward "unhealthy" members who resist his agenda. In The Purpose Driven Church, he writes:

"When a human body is out of balance we call that disease.... Likewise, when the body of Christ becomes unbalanced, disease occurs.... Health will occur only when everything is brought back into balance. The task of church leadership is to discover and remove growth-restricting diseases and barriers so that natural, normal growth can occur

Edited by WhiteDove

"When a human body is out of balance we call that disease.... Likewise, when the body of Christ becomes unbalanced, disease occurs.... Health will occur only when everything is brought back into balance. The task of church leadership is to discover and remove growth-restricting diseases and barriers so that natural, normal growth can occur

We've heard this before only it sounded a little different. IIRC it went something like ..."there are those of us who will hunt you down....and smoke your sorry a@@es out..."

oops - -I left out "gladly"

...glady hunt you down.... or was that ...gladly smoke you out.... same thing, really

I started reading the book two and a half years ago. I read a couple of chapters and gagged at the passage that excie has cited and another one early on about hell so I stopped reading. Perhaps I am missing my purpose in life. Perhaps I am missing a few years of anguish trying to please God and sending my IRA money to Rick Warren before I realize that God has already made me pleasing to Him.

Rick Warren is more subtle, and his references to health versus disease cloak his hostility toward "unhealthy" members who resist his agenda. In The Purpose Driven Church, he writes:

Sounds like another egotist trying to tell Christ how he should manage his Body.

I would hate to think Mr. Warren is comparing people who don't think the way he does to "growth-restricting diseases and barriers."

I also don't think it's the job of apostles, prophets, pastors, evangelists, teachers and other "leadership" to "neutralize" members of the Body of Christ; you know, those insignificant, pesky nobodies who were called by God before the foundations of the world.

I don't know; maybe it's just a bad metaphor on Mr. Warren's part and that's not really what he was implying.

I just distrust anyone anymore who promotes, "this is what God wants you to do with your life, and you'll be screwed if you don't do it."

But if his "purpose" really is to build himself up as a personality icon, then I would have to ask:

How long until he needs a bus driver for his purpose-driven life?