GreaseSpot Cafe

Spring Is On the Way !!

Cowgirl

Ahhh...Cowgirl!

What a beautiful photo! Unfortunately, I am in the middle of a danged blizzard! As of today, it has been snowing for the last 70 hours, and we have almost three feet of fresh soft powder to show for it. And I have shoveled my driveway with my boys at least five times, and we're expecting 10 more inches tonight! But what the hay, that's Alaska for ya I guess, but why doesn't CNN ever report on Alaska's weather? We were Americans last time I checked... icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

But what a beautiful photo. Are those sagebrush foothills in the background? Sure looks nice. Maybe I should move back south...

I'm tickled pink that you guys like it, I don't have as much snow as you do Jonny, but I think after last night and today (big snow storm)and it was way too cold to walk the kids to school today, I've had enough winter!! So now I'm gearing up for spring!

, Linda Z, the song is called "Down in Mary's Land" by Mary Chapin Carpenter, I've been looking high and low for the chords to it to play on my mandolin but couldn't find anything so a real neat thing happened just the other day from my search. I had to take a cab and low and behold the cab driver happened to be a guitar player and instructor for 17 years. I asked him about the song and he did say it was a very difficult one to get the chords for unless you buy the book, he works at a little music store here in town and said if I come down to the shop he would figure out the song on his guitar and give me the chords for it!!! Too cool eh!!!

Rottie Girl, I am pretty much computer illiterate except for posting pictures so I asked my daughter to do the music for me.

Cowgirl

hatboots.gif

Oh yeah, I just made the same mistake I complain about others making.

I have an IBM PL300 computer with a workaholic motherboard including a 500Mhz Pentium II running Win98SE OS, and a Creative Labs sound chip running the Real One audio player as default. I also have Windows Media player installed, but it's not the default.

Technobyte

How's that groundhog thing work, anyway? What, do you take a pig and put him through a mill and get ground hog?

And then you take that outside on Febrooary 2nd, and if you see a shadow, it's only 6 weeks until the end of winter, but if you don't see a shadow, dang, there are *still* 6 weeks left of winter?