GreaseSpot Cafe

Moody Blues Tonight!

socks

Hey Tom H, that sounds like a good way to go. I'm not familiar with any of them. 1 might be fun, too. Blockbuster or Netflix, perfect.

Tom S I just listened to some of "Universal Blues". Yow, the singer is definitely a cross between a Dylan and Lennon sound. icon_smile.gif:)--> Go speed racer, go speed race, that reminds me of some song....you can't do that, the Beatles? There's a lot of sounds coming in and out of the tunes.

Nice stuff.

The Redwalls

Its a good deal, Socks. For the New Year, Blockbuster LOWERED their cost to $17.45 per month for three DVDs at a time. I used to pay that for about 4 DVDs a month. Now I have 3-5 per week for the same price and no late charges. In addition, I get 2 coupons a month to use at the store.

I just put 2 Moody Blues DVDs on my list. The only music DVD I have presently is Miles Davis Live in Concert.

But that's about to change...

Hi Tom H:

Nice to see ya. I believe it's number 4 on the list you just posted, although when I went to their website that Socks posted, I see there's two options for "A Night at Red Rocks" with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra. One is one disc, the other a two disc set. The one I saw was just one disc.

Also watched the documentary tape (your number 2) which shows the entire video production of "I Know You're Out There Somewhere").

Hope you enjoy them. Crank up the sound, the rich marrying of the band and the orchestra is phenomenal.

J.

The Moody Blues!...I had to jump into this thread...

I've been a huge Moodie's fan for over 30 years. Last year I bought a 5 CD set of their best stuff...The 7 albums, from Days of future passed to 7th Sojourn were magical. I loved Question of Balance and Every good boy deserves favor...they were very good at concept albums...of course, during those years, if you did a lot of LSD icon_wink.gif;)-->, the music and lyrics of the Moody Blues were "somehow" quite clear.

The Moody Blues were "tour guides" for all those brave enough (and perhaps stupid enough), to enter into the subculture of "acid heads" back in the late 60's and early 70's. Like the Grateful Dead and others, much of their music was tailored for tripping...I was doing "orange sunshine" when I saw them live in 1972...If heaven is as good as that night was...count me in. icon_cool.gif

That sounds like the ticket Tom! We're going to rent the DVD first and see what we get. That'll tend this jones for awhile anyway icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Speaking of which Uncle Hairy it sounds like you enjoyed the 60's. icon_wink.gif;)--> I had a very good friend who really like them at that time. The band we were in did a couple of their tunes.

"Orange sunshine". icon_cool.gif Where'd you see them?

That just reminded me of the album "Children of the Future", The Steve Miller Band's first release on Capitol. I remember some of my friends scratched their heads when they heard it. "That ain't blues!" I could hear it though. Oh yeah, big buzz, great album.

That sense and experience of community amongst people and the music they listen to is a big part of the enjoyment. The discovery, sharing.

You could say we was out of our mind.

And Let me tell you we were flyin' while blind. icon_cool.gif