GreaseSpot Cafe

sickness

frank123lol

How did they reconcile all of this with Dr. Win---er and Dottie being in the medical field.

Does that mean all the patients were possessed in their eyes? And when they operated successfully and the people got healed....

What was removed if illness is ALWAYS a spirit and sin? Did the Doc remove sin?? A spirit???

Then how was there healing????? hmmmmmmmm?

Because illness is illness? perhaps?

Dottie...

At the outset of my involvement with TWI, (1973) sickness was not something that was officially condemned, at least not to the extent it was in later years. Probably the best balance of faith, healing, and medicine was at the Indiana University College of Medicine, where I worked, with a bunch of medical WOWs and my favorite general surgeon, whose secretary I was privileged to be (what an awkward sentence!)

People were loved. They were treated medically into wellness, then taught that they could be well. A lot of it was practical - diet, exercise, fresh air, 8 glasses of water and prayer. People did not get clobbered with negatives if they were sick. We were learning and growing and our aim was to help people.

It was in the early 90's that I noted the creeping malaise in the ministry that spelled the end of healthy love and the beginning of unhealthy condemnation of those who needed help with physical problems. By 1994 when I was diagnosed with diabetes, spit was flying at HQ regarding sickness. Shortly after I returned home from the hospital, a SNS tape began with the immortal sentence, straight from the sacred lips of the MOG himself: "If you have a chronic illness in your life, it is because you have chronic sin in your life."

I guess HE was never sick a day in his life.

BTW, the doctor I worked for, being very smart indeed, was no longer associated with TWI by the time this crap got in full swing.

WG