GreaseSpot Cafe

Eternal Truth except when

Tumbleweed Kid

In the mid eighties when twi started making a big deal out of who was giving how much (on the dreaded blue forms)...I decided to start giving anonymously. When confronted by leadership, I asked the question..."If God knows what I'm giving and twi is getting the money, then what's the problem?" I got a lot of blank stares but no answers.

I eventually received a call from the damn limb leader informing me that if I didn't "take credit" for my abundant sharing on the blue forms, that I would not be recognized and "esteemed highly" for my labor of "love". I informed him that I would take my chances on God giving the increase in my life and I would not worry about the accolades of men. He told me that I was making a "spiritual mistake".

I then highly encouraged all in my home fellowship to also give anonymously, challenging folks to make their "abundant sharing" a personal matter between them and God, as to not live in the eyes of other people. When word of this got out, I was relieved of my twig leader duties. When I stood up at a leaders meeting and challenged them with "the word"...they all just looked at their shoes and remained silent. The next day the entire branch was notified of my devil possession and were warned to stay away from me. I guess threatening their system of appropriating funds was hitting a little too close to home.

You don't say?! That is very telling, Uncle Hairy. They forgot about the verses mentioning doing thy alms in public for all to see. If everyone is accounted for then they can determine how much you make or if you aren't giving the mandatory 15%.

That's a good question for the P**ler's lawyers to ask them about. They will say that they don't require people to take credit for their abundant sharing, but your experience clearly shows that they REQUIRE it. Why else would they require it except to have information to use against their own people?

They can also ask them about requiring people to buy their own money orders instead of giving cash. Why won't they let you give cash? Because then they have to buy the money order and, if enough people give cash, they won't know who gave how much money.

Uncle Harry ... You were definately in the right.

Nothing wrong with giving anonymously. We had people in our twig who needed every dollar they had. I never would have dreamed to ask them to pay for a money order, we just put all the cash together to get one money order to send in.

..... Now that I think about it I think in the mid 90s we had to put cash in an envelope with our names on it. I could be wrong ...... crumb I haven't filled out a blue form since 1997 ...... anyone else remember?

Digi

cash would be the way to go, then the twig leader and twigees could use money to help people in the fellowship or whatever they wanted to do to bless people "in the world"

HA !

twig leaders can't be trusted. they can only give their damn life and home and everything else but send all that money to ohio where the real spiriitual love and guidance is coming from

puke

quote:
twig leaders can't be trusted. they can only give their damn life and home and everything else but send all that money to ohio where the real spiriitual love and guidance is coming from.

puke

Uh-huh. icon_frown.gif:(--> Showing again the "true heart" of twi. icon_mad.gificon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> icon_mad.gif