GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way International Ministries sues TWI today

pjroberge

quote:
Why is it that you have not put even a small effort into positively contributing ideas to help with the current lawsuits?

He did. You just didn't like what he said.

quote:
Is your dislike of me more than that of TWI?

Why is it that you think when someone disagrees with you (or offers suggestions you apparently don't want to hear) that they (a) dislike you and (b) like twi at all?

A wise person told me long, long ago that a true friend is one who'll tell you the truth and not just say what you want to hear.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pjroberge said:

>>

good luck getting a straight answer to that one

though , in my opinion, its the primary reason

for LG's stake in this. The pseudo legal posturing is

a smokescreen for that - again in my opinion.

LG said:

>>

Diazbro,

All of this has been covered in the below-linked threads.

More of the same... I asked a simple question

and got a sea of words. You still haven't dealt with the basic issues of why if its a vain squabble which is quixotic are you so heavily invested in it ?

If you keep hounding me, you’ll get a link back to this post.

>>

Hounding ? I just want a straight answer not

some handwaving and attempt at summarizing the

thread.

quote:
Originally posted by pjroberge:

Long Gone:

Why is it that you have not put even a small effort into positively contributing ideas to help with the current lawsuits?

See Linda’s post above.

quote:
Pat, I’ve answered that question several times. I even quoted one of my previous answers (to diazbro in that case) in the post immediately preceding the one in which you ask this question. I wrote, “I also don’t base my opinions regarding the issues on my opinions of the parties. If I did, I would lean towards supporting Pat’s position because my opinion of him is far better than my opinion of TWI.” I'm almost certain that I've said about the same to you, but I can’t seem to find it. I did find THIS.

I don’t dislike you, Pat. I disagree with you.

Granted, sometimes you annoy me and sometimes my responses reflect that, but the vast majority of my posts regarding any lawsuit-related topics have either been simply my take on relevant issues or suggestions that I think would be helpful to you, if followed.

P.S. I wouldn’t read too much into my statement that you annoy me sometimes. I annoy myself far more, and far more often, than you annoy me. I say much harsher things to myself, in my “internal dialogue,” than I’ve ever said to you.

quote:
Originally posted by diazbro:

More of the same... I asked a simple question

and got a sea of words. You still haven't dealt with the basic issues of why if its a vain squabble which is quixotic are you so heavily invested in it ?

Since this could be considered a new question (because of the “heavily invested” part) I’ll give a brief answer.

1) I’m not heavily invested in it. I haven’t posted about it in a month, except in response to your nagging about something I wrote two months ago.

2) I never called it a “vain squabble” or used “vanity” in the sense of something being for naught. I used “vanity” in the sense of personal vanity, as should be clear from the context, as explained in the link I promised, should you continue hounding me.

Here’s your promised link.

Long Gone said:

) I never called it a “vain squabble” or used “vanity” in the sense of something being for naught. I used “vanity” in the sense of personal vanity, as should be clear from the context, as explained in the link I promised, should you continue hounding me.

>>

So is this like one of VPW's "literal according

to usage" things ? whats next ? figures of speech ? Look - your language in those posts was

clear. You even recommended "professional help"

and not of the legal kind either. So within what "context" were those kind words offerred ?

On the other hand I can deal better with those

earlier posts than I could the legal stuff which was simply a smokescreen for not liking how PR rolled out the lawsuit. At least you were communicating unambiguously and directly instead of posting these lengthy essays designed to represent your personal dislike of the lawsuit seem the result of some noble sensitivity to "the law". Just say you got a problem with PR's lawsuit on a personal level and leave it

that.

And now that we have TWIM dealing with TWI on a legal basis what will you suggest for them ? "professional help" ?

Long Gone said:

in response to your nagging

>>

This is an attempt to shut things down. I suppose no one can offer a dissenting opinion

without it being called "nagging" ?

Diaz-bro....what is the FRICKING point?? As a completely disinterested 3rd party, you went round the bend on this ages ago...LG is perfectly lucid and understandable. And, yes, at times i have not seen LG's point on some other issue at all. But this one??.... crystal clear. Your dead horse is now bloody doggie hamburger, if it makes you feel any better......sheesh icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

quote:
Originally posted by alfakat:

Diaz-bro....what is the _FRICKING_ point?? As a completely disinterested 3rd party, you went round the bend on this ages ago...LG is perfectly lucid and understandable. And, yes, at times i have not seen LG's point on some other issue at all. But this one??.... crystal clear. Your dead horse is now bloody doggie hamburger, if it makes you feel any better......sheesh icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

I made my point which is something you probably

aren't agreeing with judging from your post.( Just a guess). I agree that LG is "perfectly

lucid and understandable" which makes it all the

easier to see the motivations for criticism of the lawsuit.

Hi Pat, You're doing a great job. It is very evident that there is more than what you are telling here that leads me to believe this suit will allow others, like TWIM, to proceed with the same issues.

Any attorney will tell you that there is always a law that supercedes another law and with your info to TWIM you too may benefit.

I enjoy reading your post as I too am not one to allow someone to control my life. Maybe if more people would have stood up to those bad ugly ferkers and put them in their place none of this would be going on.

As far as personal reasons, well, so be it. If it were me, guess I would be doing it for alot of reasons with personal being one of them. TWI, through the years, has destroyed many lives for personal reasons. The only difference, TWI has twisted God's word to do their destruction.

It's time to "KICK BUTT"

Dear Sadie,

Thank you for your kind words.

Hey everyone, The TWIM v. TWI lawsuit goes to trial tentatively August 16th!

The judge is apparently a no nonsense type who probably said to both parties to show up and duke it out and be done with it. Who needs a long discovery period anyway.....