GreaseSpot Cafe

19 Years Ago Today

Radar OReilly

I graduated from the 13th Way Corps. I was 27 years old, I walked across the stage of Kenyon auditorium and received my diploma---I even have a picture to prove it.

How about you other 13th....Al Poole, Waterbuffalo, Toadfriend.....anything you want to talk about?

ROR

You guys crack me up. Graduating from the corps was a piece of cake compared to recovering from twi.

19 years ago, I thought I knew EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING, I thought I had the biblical solution to all problems and could see life through the very special lens of the "holy spirit," that I had a direct connection with the Father. I 'Just knew' that he talked directly to me, and as long as I was "in fellowship" that he wouldn't let me make mistakes, or be wrong.

I didn't actually leave twi until just about 4 1/2 years ago......I had a lot to learn, and everyday is still a whole new ball game.

ROR

Radar, you really hit the nail on the head in you second paragraph. You described to a tee the situation many of us found ourselves in when we left. It has taken alot od blood, sweat, and tears to sort it all out again. I felt quite vulnerable for a long while, like all the walls around me had been leveled and I was completely exposed. I had to sort through all of it and begin the walls again. Thanks for the post!

Radar,

Thanks for the reminder. I would have never remembered the date of our graduation. Boy, and many miles before we sleep or something like that.

Ditto to all of your comments. It has been a LONG time since I've thought like that! We'll never miss losing a little of that arrogance, will we?

If I could just get a little more humility. That's my goal.

Sorry, I'm tired and that's all I could think of to say about that.

WB

Radar -

Polish up that name tag and dust off that diploma! Then put your sweats on and do a 12 minute test - don't forget to count your CO3 points! After you do that - eat some familia with fig pep and chickory coffee. Then fill out your "redeemed-time analysis" sheet to see what the hell happened to the last 19 years.

xoxoxox

You know, truthfully, I was so GLAD it was over and was praying, the few days before graduation, that I could serve God without all of the manipulation going on over my head.

Seriously, that was my prayer, and I was in a pickle. Because I thought THE WAY had THE TRUTH and where would I go because I couldn't stand what it had become. But, that voice deep down inside KNEW I couldn't keep on like that for the rest of my life.

THANK GOD FOR POP! Ha. As screwed up as it was, it released so many from so much.

So, with that, good morning everyone.

WB

Chas... it's deeee lish us! It's a juice made from figs that we put on our familia instead of milk. Cuz milk, when mixed with familia, would just sit in your stomach and rot (or something like that)... Once you got used to it, it was quite tasty!

Here's a link to an Edgar Cayce site of all things! If you click on "Fig Pep" it'll give you a pop up of what it's made of and what it's good for... AND YOU CAN BUY IT TOO!

Chas my darlin',

I am spilling my guts here and all you can think is to ask about FIG PEP?????

If they served fig pep with it.....I would eat it dry or with water...that stuff is nasty icon_eek.gif

Hope....I tried the chicory ONE TIME....and then I operated on the same theory as I did with the fig pep, if it wasn't coffee and it wasn't caffeinated, I would just as soon drink water.....NOT THAT I AM A PICKY SNOB OR ANYTHING

icon_wink.gif;)-->

Nice to see you Chas & Hope, et all. xxoo

ROR