GreaseSpot Cafe

Martindale on front page of Parma Sun Post

skyrider

Satori - your sense of wit is outstanding and I enjoy you so much! Not just for that, but other things as well.

I don't believe you posted that "link" to make kittencup's adventure sound like an exercise in paranoia..but those new to to GS, who don't know you, might get that impression!

The Organization is always and has always been on the prowl for information they can use to intimidate innies and outties whom they consider "dangerous". Some of it's higher order individuals are and have been out to "avenge themselves", or as normal folks see it - - look for revenge.

I felt the need to present my thoughts because, although some of us can afford to laugh at their antics, The Organization still functions in the same ways. I don't believe it's possible for a leopard to change it's spots. While some were/are afflicted more than others, we should never forget what they did and why they did it.

quote:
Originally posted by krysilis:

I don't believe you posted that "link" to make kittencup's adventure sound like an exercise in paranoia..but those new to to GS, who don't know you, might get that impression!

It was an exercise in paranoia - not catcup's but the way's. Way leadership in general and lcm in particular were always paranoid. How else to justify all the failures they had but because the "enemy" was out to thwart them at every turn.

One time at corps week (must have been the late 1970s) vpw had Bob Richards come to speak. Richards had been a big time athlete and got his picture on a wheaties box and everything (true).

He spoke to us some very basic motivation 101 speech but his real purpose was to promote his mutli-level marketing scheme as a way for corps on the field to make money.

[sidebar - the way was always trying out different MLM schemes back then. Amwya, Steed, etc thinking there must be an easier way for god's folk on the field to make money than to actually work].

Anyway, Richards schmoozed w/ VPW at the meeting and at lunch and them was never heard from (or mentioned) again. I was told [hearsay I know but I believe it] that vpw mentioned matter of factly that the FBI was trying to shut him down and had undercover agents at the Rock of Ages to do it. This certainly is consistent with other stuff he told the corps - just that we didn't see it as a reason to run like hell.