GreaseSpot Cafe

Bad Counsel?

Nottawayfer

Once upon a time, in the autumn of 1995...

We had a woman show up at our fellowship who had fled her husband with nothing but the clothes on her back. She had been marked and avoided for leaving her husband, who had been arrested in another state. These are Way Corps folks, too, btw.

You see, he (the Corps fellow) had been thrown in jayull because he had solicited an undercover cop. He (Corps guy) solicited HIM (undercover MALE cop) in the bathroom of a bar. The Corps person wanted to PAY the male cop to let HIM (yes, the Way Corps Full-time minister) perform felatio on HIM (the cop).

Hope you followed all that.

Yes, this is for real.

So, he was promptly busted and tossed in the pokey.

He calls his wife with his one phone call. She finally puts two and two and two and several thousand more two's together that she had been ignoring for years, and multiplies out that her husband truly is a bisexual and she needs to get the heck out of the marriage. She calls her immediate Way Corps overseer, tells him what is going on. So instead of coming to her aid, the overseer, yeah, you get it, goes straight to the pokey, hears the sob story from the pervert behind bars that he was FRAMED and believes him. Believes not the wife, but the idiot who was stupid enough to solicit a cop in a bathroom in a bar, and paid him for the privilege of sucking the cops er, um...nightstck.

Meanwhile, other TWI-lites call the wife and blame her for the situation. Blame HER. Before she knows it, The BC and LC claim that her hubby was set up, that the cops are wrong, and refuse to believe the wife's backlog of red flags she now plainly sees. They tell her that the cop tried to frame her husband, that the cop is lying. They tell her, "whenever there is a discrepancy between a believer and an unbeliever, you always, ALWAYS take the side of the believer!"

Long story short, she ended up fleeing the state with nothing but the clothes on her back, and showing up on my doorstep for help.

We let her in the fellowship, try to support her and help her out, and within three weeks, she is sitting in a meeting called by Lxrry Pxnxrellx listening to him call her a scumbucket not worthy of being able to draw breath in the State of Ohio and she should leave the state because she and others like her were contaminating the "buffer zone" and literally making Craig Martindale physically ill.

Let's all sing...

"What a wonderful change in my life has been wrought..."

Bob, as far as I know, the guy was successfully prosecuted and eventually marked and avoided for being a homosexual. However, there was never any apology from TWI to his wife, for not believing her.

Nor was there any apology to the general body of believers for putting a full time pervert on full time salary with their abundant sharing (but then again, why mess up a perfect track record...). The incident with the cop is small potatoes from what I understand from his wife. There was much, more, and darker stuff there.

Nor has there ever been any apology from Lxrry Pxnarello EVER to ANY person who was present at that famous meeting in Ohio where he publicly called this poor frightened woman and every other Corps who had been dropped, names I can't say here without being moderated.

Thanks Ham & Krys. School is in session, but once in a blue moon I hope to come by and drop a few lines when I have something to say.

I second that emotion. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> Really good to see you Catcup!

quote:
"whenever there is a discrepancy between a believer and an unbeliever, you always, ALWAYS take the side of the believer!"

Oh, Geeze! How many times have I heard this line? Let's just say I wish I had a nickel for every time. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> I'd be a rich woman!

And whenever there is a discrepancy between a male believer and a female believer, you always take the side of the MAN.

and whenever there is a discrepancy between an @$$ kissing TWIt and a questioning (aka rebellious) TWIt, you always take the side of the kissing one.

And whenever there is a discrepancy between a regular TWIt and a WC TWIt, you always take the side of the WC.

Just how on earth are we supposed to keep all these unwritten rules straight?? Oh, that mine enemy had written a book.........

THe problem was ...

leadership was not there to council

they were there to maintain the status quo

Therfore, when presented with a problem, the first line of thought WAS NOT "how can we fix, ameliorate, or rectify this situation"

no The First thought was "how do we keep the ministry's name out of this"

As for it happening in the LDS church. Of course it does and in every other organization in the country. The difference is that while you might havve a bad ward, or a bad stake, the whole apple cart isn't rotten.

Jan, <BR><BR>Whoa.<BR>Most leadership told people "no way hozay" to buying a home.....(to which they had no right to say) <BR>Here is your BC saying, go for it, which is exactly what he should of said.....it's your money, you decide..<BR>I don't think he had "forknowledge" that you wouldn't be able to sell. <BR> That is for you to figure out with your life style and family situation financially.<BR><BR>But having said that, he's guilty of not accessing your military situation, and realizing that you have to move too much.<BR>We have many military friends and they all refuse to buy a house until they are out, it is just too much hassle.<BR><BR> Then, yes he should've advised you otherwise, but, we all esteemed leadership's advice way too much over our own common sense.<BR><BR>Whew, glad that is over....back to my brain, thanks!

There is no way he could have have foreknowledge; I think that is kind of weird in itself to expect that he would. But you know what I mean about counsel; sitting down with someone and talking it over the physical/spiritual sides of an issue. Does not matter what it is. And NO I am not blaming ANYONE. Hey, I did not even name him, because I could really care less.. Seriously, I don't know if some of you are really getting therapy or have a BIG Axe you still need to grind....

Jan

I guess the biggest thing that amazed me was the in-depth medical trainning that Waste Corpse recieved. I was "counciled" not to seek treatment for my high blood sugar levels. Silly me, I went to a doctor instead & was told I was borderline diabetic, change the diet, & excersice. Again, was "counciled" by my all knowing Waste Corpse that I was spending too much time & money in the gym, $$$ that could go to the misery...ministry. My levels are down, i've shed 40 pounds, & the Corpse person is no longer in the state.