GreaseSpot Cafe

Thanks to those who continue to tell their stories

act2

I have been reading threads for 2 1/2 years now, but many have come here since that time.

I am so thankful for those to continue to tell their stories, so that TWI can be exposed.

I was never hurt sexually or physically in TWI, but I have been hurt emotionally.

So, those of you who think people cant let go of the past, please just dont read their posts.

They are simply exposing TWI for what they were and what they are.

There are many people who need to know the bad things that happened. And there are probably people who need to know that they are not alone.

Sorry I cant articulate how strongly I feel about this.

Agreed ....people need to know they aren`t alone.

As *unpleasant* as some of the stories can be, they need to told and RE told as many times as necessary in order for folks to understand the entire picture of what twi was all about.

It is essential in beginning the healing process.

Thank you (((act2))

Thank you, skyrider and rascal.

I havent posted much lately, but still read most all the "About The Way" and some of the "Open", and the prayer requests, but this has been bothering me the past few days about some folks that think people are dwelling in their past.....and seem to think that they cant move on. They CAN and they HAVE, for the most part, IMO, BUT they still need to shout their stories from the GS Cafe Rooftop!!!

Going to bed now, and gonna knit for a while. My new hobby is so much fun.

Thank you so much ACT2, rascal, and others. Geeze, I must admit, as others have, that staying tuned into Greasespot, takes kind of an extra effort.

I work at an extra demanding job, as many others do, yet it is so worth it to tune in to Greasespot. Hopefully, what we have to offer as posters, makes a difference to someone.....

look up the word past in the bible it speaks a great amount of "times past" in reference to the learning that applied to that day lesson. for example "in times past" .

those who claim to just let the past be the past(and never to be heard of again) do not speak as the bible is written clearly. the bible often refers to how situations where done in the past and how it relats to what is happening to their life in present circumstance and situations. often asked to learn directly from the mistakes of others in the past..

God wrote the bible on the lesson of other believers who had issues and problems and that is how GS operates it is lessons on what happened to those before.

those who have problems with GS refuse to recognize honesty and forgivness and wisdom given in our history as Gods children in real life.

to not learn from one another denies the faith we give one another and breaks down the unity of His one body,that is in and of itself unbelief.

negative things happen to christians negative things happen to mankind. denial of such helps no one , but support and genuine compassion in the struggle of life helps.

Reading about the past helps people in a lot of ways. Telling people to stop writing about the past is not new, historically, nor has it ever helped anyone.

More than one person has told me they appreciate hearing the stuff I've written about the past. They've also encouraged me to continue. Think I mught continue. It kinda helps me too.

Besides, conversing over a nice cup of coffee is one of my favorite things.

Later.