GreaseSpot Cafe

La La La I can't hear you! I'm not listening!

Belle

Krys, posted:

quote:

How many more of you, like LLP are going to skim the surface of these tragedies and not take an opportunity to escape to a real, true, safe and joyful life. God will NOT strike you down! We're all still here!

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Last week-end I spoke with a person who is still "in". We had been friends, but she "turned me in" a few times too many. I care about her, but I don't trust her. She has questions and she's been lurking here. She doesn't want to believe what she reads but the evidence is mounting and it's harder and harder for her to dismiss the stories and justify her own doubts.

I think it's very scary for people like her and LLP because they always believed whatever they heard from TWI leadership and hq. The thought that TWI may actually lie and cover up horrendous actions just does not occur to them and it's something they really don't want to believe because it would mean they were taken advantage of. They also never experienced it first-hand or they dismissed it and just an isolated incident.

Some just close their ears and eyes because it's easier to continue on status quo existing and believing what they're told to believe rather than face facts and have to deal with them. It's too painful to admit that something that you loved and trusted in wasn't what you thought it was at all.

Others ask questions, but they only go to the same source of information that has been lying to them. I liken finding the flood of information found here on GSpot and answers to all those things that just didn't add up to suffering Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. The rug is pulled out from under your feet and you don't know what to believe. You WANT to believe the TWI sources that you've always believed and trusted, but deep down you KNOW their answers just don't add up.

THEN you find out that all those horrible people who left are actually happier, more prosperous, less stressed and not the crazy lunatics you were told they were. It's hard to believe and really hard to trust those people, but eventually you start to remember what good friends they were and realize that those you "thought" were your friends in TWI were really only your friends conditionally. Those aren't real friends. Real friends are your friends no matter how many stupid mistakes you make. icon_smile.gif:)-->

The truth has helped me become free. But why don't they see it. Denial is not a river in Egypt.

I remember thinking could all these things be wrong and a lie. Could my family have been right. Could I have broken all those relationships for a lie. COULD I BE THAT DUMB.

Its hard for those still in to believe the truth. Just remember that they are working harder at telling them we're wrong than they are anything else.

"Some just close their ears and eyes because it's easier to continue on status quo existing and believing what they're told to believe rather than face facts and have to deal with them. It's too painful to admit that something that you loved and trusted in wasn't what you thought it was at all."

This is why I stayed way too long.....the ONLY belief and support system I had was TWI's. How could I admit it was wrong and survive? I knew there was no one in the Way I could turn to if I left....I would be immediately shunned. I made no 'unbeliever' friends in my new area, because I didn't want to be "unequally yoked together with them." Leadership would have stopped it anyway......had to account for every hour of the day to them. And then there was the dreaded 'greasespot by midnight' of LCM's hanging over my head.

And to be honest I probably never would have left, but, thankfully, they 'marked and avoided' me so I had no choice. The first months were absolute hell for me. The constant condemnation for leaving 'God's Ministry', letting the 'household' down, and waiting for God to 'zap' me, was almost unbearable. As time went on I noticed I was waking up each morning and not dead, no fatal diseases had taken me over, I was holding my head up much more, and I felt like my life was slowly once again becoming mine.

I have never looked back since then. Greasespot Cafe was such a termednous part of my recovery.....I can't imagine what it would have been like not seeing ex wayfers posting the exact same things I was thinking and going through. No doubt I would have made it but who knows how much longer it would have taken figuring things out myself.

I have said this many times before but I want to thank Pawtucket from the bottom of my heart for having this web site available.

quote:
And to be honest I probably never would have left, but, thankfully, they 'marked and avoided' me so I had no choice. The first months were absolute hell for me. The constant condemnation for leaving 'God's Ministry', letting the 'household' down, and waiting for God to 'zap' me, was almost unbearable. As time went on I noticed I was waking up each morning and not dead, no fatal diseases had taken me over, I was holding my head up much more, and I felt like my life was slowly once again becoming mine.

Stayed Too Long, I think that's one of the hardest ways to leave. My ex would probably go through the same things if he was M&A. He's so in denial about the corruption and lies that he will read stuff on here and it doesn't affect him at all. He's almost like a wife who refuses to admit her husband is cheating on her despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

It's so hard to face that we were lied to and believed the lies. It's even harder to face it when we've given up good jobs, family, friends and so much more for something we find out to be based on deception.

When the truth finally hit me about the corruption and lies in twi, it literally sucked all the wind out of me. I spent hours and days in a blur. And I was "ready" to hear it. I was sick and tired of the crap and ready to chuck it all. But still, it was like a serious body-blow.

Folks like my ex... they just "can't" hear the truth yet. Maybe never will. He has no life outside twi. He would simply have no mechanisms for coping with the world without them. None. So he protects himself with denial.

quote:
She doesn't want to believe what she reads but the evidence is mounting and it's harder and harder for her to dismiss the stories and justify her own doubts.

Belle -- so true. So many things have happened to so many people over so many years, and so frequently, it can not be just a coincidence.

David

True, David. It reaches a point where you really have to admit that there's just too much evidence to deny it. Sadly some people continue to live in denial.

My ex won't even listen. He, of all people, knows that there are 3 sides to every story (mine, yours and what really happened), but he refuses to listen to the other side. As far as he is concerned, when it comes to TWI there is only one side - TWI's and anything contradictory to that is b.s. It's really sad.