GreaseSpot Cafe

tom and arleen jenkinson

excathedra

Easy to find ... go to www.yahoo.com and do a search on people ... his name is Thomas ... somehow got his e-mail address from somewhere ... it was a disappointing exchange ... but then, I'm not a friend of TJ and AJ ... I think they live somewhere in the DC/Maryland/Va. area. Can't remember exactly ... but yahoo.com or the White Pages on msn.com will help you find them, as it will anyone who has a listed telephone number.

TF

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hung out with Tom for a bit in the DC area, just after the big split in 89/90. He was very apologetic to me, apologized for being a d*ckhead to me on a number of occasions that I reminded him of, and, he was genuine. We laughed alot, and he was wonderful. He was very thankful to just be a "regular person" again after "all of that."

And yet, he is still a way more "proper fellow" than I, in that I wear not much more than blue jeans and tee-shirts, and he wears his dungarees, or nice slacks, and a cardigan sweater, even if he is doing "labor" type work. But that's okay with me, for we are all very different as humans... "Slacks?" Ugghh! I hate the thought of the very word! But, that's why I live in Alaska...

And, I will add, even though many of you may think that he should contact everyone who he had hurt, I say that the man deserves to "move on" and make something of his life. When he had the opportunity to apologize to me, he siezed on it, and did so with much heart and love. And believe me, I was confrontational! And yet, he was very humble and apologetic.

And so, should he spend the rest of his life seeking out everyone whom he had offended? Hell, he could spend a life time. But at least to me, he, when our paths crossed in such a unique way, he made sure to let me know that he was sorry. I think he is a good guy now, like so many of you all are NOW...

It sounds like TJ is doing what we all said was what we wanted---

A heart-felt apology.

There's not much more he can do; they certainly cannot undo the hurt they caused. But if his apology is genuine, then Praise the Lord and let's move forward.