GreaseSpot Cafe

The Cat in the Hat - Save Your Money!!!

Pirate1974

Got conned into taking my son and his cousin to see this turkey and it just might be the absolutely worst movie I've ever seen in my life. Unbelievably awful.

Whoever owns the rights to the works of the late Theodore (Dr. Seuss) Geisel should be ashamed of themselves for ever letting this movie get made.

I don't expect much from Mike Myers, but the genius of Dr. Seuss was in his use of language and his invention of wild characters, not burps, farts, barf, dog urine, stupid sexual references or shots to the crotch. The good doctor must be turning triple back flips in his grave.

When Myers goes for his Fat Bastard voice, you know this movie has sunk about as low as it can go. Save your money and buy your kids some real Dr. Seuss books.

As a MAJOR Dr. Seuss fan (I use his books when I teach...ALL the time) I am NOT attending this movie.

I like Mike Myers in Austin Powers, and that ilk....but whatever dimwitted mongloid picked him to play the Cat in the Hat deserves permanent earwigs with serious gas.

Robin Williams would have been MUCH better.

With the notable exception of the older, brilliant "Grinch" cartoon (what could the 2 hour, long-winded Jim Carrey/Ron Howard abortion that came out a couple years ago accomplish, that the old 25 minute cartoon couldn't?) , Dr. Suess absolutely sucks in the live action format.

And how long does it take to read the original "Cat in the Hat" - 5 minutes?

With Dr.Suess pushing up daisies, naturally they have to hire a team of no-talent writers to come up with superfluous garbage to pad the original short story, and to kill an hour and a half.

What a waste of money - and time.

Danny