GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Oh, I'm sorry. I was so sleepy, that I forgot to post this. I just put it on the "Lift List" thread, and here it is for you all:

Thank you all very, very much for your prayers for Grandma, and for us.

Our sweet Grandma Rose, aged 97, departed this life on Saturday evening,in her own home and in her own bed, surrounded by her daughters and grandchildren. She was fully aware of everyone there, and was able to squeeze their hands until almost the very last. She was very peaceful about passing, and had asked to be "let go."

She was our treasure.

"Be just, and fear not."

quote:
Originally posted by notinKansasanymore:

She was very peaceful about passing, and had asked to be "let go."

She was our treasure.

tears.gif

What a joy, in time of sorrow and sadness, those last squeezes of the hand. To know the love of loved ones like that must have been so comforting to Grandma Rose and to everyone else with her.

niKa, your sadness is our sadness; your comfort, our comfort.

Edited by Guest

Thanks, everyone.

They say that within a few generations, medical advances will enable humans to live routinely to 150 or 200. That will be interesting. It still won't change the fact that at the end, we look back to see whether we like what we've done. Grandma was very cool. She was also as strong as a horse, and could easily have hung around longer, if she'd been of a mind to do so. She'e battled back from the brink several times over the past few years, and finally went on her own terms, and by her own timetable.

Thanks, again.

Love, niKa

"Be just, and fear not."

Whooooaaaa.....what's with there being more pages and the pages being shorter....This place continues to blow my freakin' mind.....This is,like,the new dynamic church,man....It's like...like splittin' your twigs into a branch...but you got the same amount of people....This is like the first century greasespot in the twenty first.....It's like the rise and expansion of the Christian church....It's like...each one win one...Ummm,what else?...Oh,yeah,now you'll feel like a real chump if you start a thread and it doesn't make it to page two....