GreaseSpot Cafe

Snow Storm Today in Minnesota

vickles

Vickles -- I had to go in regardless of the weather, and the two inches we got up here ???? All "wet and sloppy" stuff! icon_frown.gif:(--> had to shovel the entire parking area, and driveway at work (not prolific, by any means, but big enough) icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif 3RD time this week!! (Our snowblower is broke). >>

If there is another storm coming thru the Twin Cities, BELIEVE I WILL lock the old Dodge into 4-wheel drive! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->. !!

Am hoping your work day was a good day, despite the plans you had. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Edited by Guest

MINNESOTA WEATHER SUMMARY

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DULUTH MN

1100 AM CST FRI MAR 5 2004

LATE THIS MORNING CLOUDY SKIES WITH AREAS OF LIGHT SNOW AND FLURRIES CONTINUED OVER THE STATE. THE EXCEPTION WOULD BE THE NORTHEAST WERE

THE SUN IS BEGINNING TO BREAK THROUGH. READINGS RANGED FROM THE UPPER 20S TO MID 30S.

THE STORM SYSTEM WAS LIFTING RAPIDLY NORTHEAST ACROSS THE GREAT LAKES. SNOWFALL AMOUNTS FROM THE STORM RANGED FROM AROUND AN INCH NORTHWEST TO 6 INCHES SOUTH...TO OVER 10 INCHES NEAR PHILLIPS WISCONSIN...WHERE THUNDERSNOW OCCURRED.

TEMPERATURES TODAY WILL NOT CLIMB MUCH FROM THEIR EARLY MORNING LEVELS TOPPING OUT FROM THE MID 20S NORTH TO MID 30S SOUTH.

A WEAK RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL SETTLE INTO THE STATE TONIGHT...BUT SKIES ARE EXPECTED TO REMAIN MAINLY CLOUDY...THEN ANOTHER FAST MOVING TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE WILL PUSH ACROSS THE

STATE ON SATURDAY...CARRYING A CHANCE OF LIGHT SNOW TO THE NORTH AND RAIN OR SNOW SOUTH.

A WARMING TREND IS ON TAP FOR EARLY IN THE WEEK WITH HIGHS AS WARM AS THE LOWER 40S IN SOUTHWEST MINNESOTA.

Hello: It is very nice here in Ohio. The winter it virtually gone here and the trees are starting to bloom. The temperature has been in the 60-70 degree range and for the last week I haven't had to wear a coat. I am sooo glad that the winter is gone. I think in general everyone is much happier and it rubs off. I felt better just having my son go to Florida for the winter.

[This message was edited by URwhatGodsaysUR on March 08, 2004 at 13:06.]

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, here it is almost a year later and guess what???? icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif We are in for a huge snowstorm. It started at 6 pm and is not suppose to end unti 6pm tomorrow evening.

I don't mind snowstorms so much anymore as long as its a weekend and I don't have to go out. Its during the week and have to drive in it that is bothersome.

As I get older the more I want to move to Mexico when I retire.... icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

• 2 weeks later...

Vickles,

I lived in MN '76-'77, 1 of the Harvesters, and there wasn't much snow that year because most of the time it was too cold to snow, down to -35 degrees at times. Schools were closed in Litchfield, not because of the weather, but because heating costs were getting so high.

So, here I am now in Maryland. We got dumped on by snow last Thursday and again this past Monday. It doesn't get 35 below in Maryland but it can be very, very cold here at times.

I swear I will never move any farther north than where I am now.

David

• 1 year later...

Hey, I figured it was that time of year again and since we had a major snowstorm yesterday wanted to see how all us minnesotans did.

I for one had to be at work at 5am so trudged out at 330 am. The roads had not been done yet so had one of my trustworthy jeeps out there. When I went to get out to the jeep the snow drifts were practically to my hips....I'm not kidding!!!!

I had about 15 miles of driving to do and was hoping the drunks had all gotten home before me. It took me an hour of driving but I got there perfectly safe. Most of my other co-workers either copped out of working or were late....sigh

How is everyone else doing?

Wow everybody is a long way away from me..... :(

Here in Central Oregon it has been snowing on and off for about a week, most places there is not much more than an inch of snow - the problem is that in the outlying areas around the city what doesnt melt off completly turns to ice - and that makes it a bugger to get back and forth to work but boy it sure is pretty!

David, I enjoyed those pics. It looks that way here too. My front yard is way over my head. I wish I had a camera and be able to put them on here. My little dogs are having problems finding places to do their business.... :redface2:

I was excited to find the real blue skies today but went out and its bitterly cold along with the high snow drifts.

• 9 months later...