GreaseSpot Cafe

Snow Storm Today in Minnesota

vickles

Good morning, everyone. Well here in minnesota we are having a huge big snow storm.

I got ready for work and went to go to my car and it had about 4 to 6 inches already outside.

Being determined to go to work I went to set out anyways and couldn't even see the road. Whiteouts. I ended up turning back and now have a snow day off.

How is the weather in your neck of the woods?

If you do not tell the truth about yourself you can not tell it about other people.

virginia woolfe

Vickles darlin, you may not want to hear this, but I just came in from walking my dogs and seeing the princess onto her schoolbus.

I'm wearing a tank top and shorts. The princess has a tshirt and skirt on with ankle socks - not even a sweater today. We may get to 83 degrees this afternoon.

We live in central FL.

My exhusband lives near Eagle River, WI and he said yesterday they were expecting something like 7-11 inches of snow overnite - hope that helps.

Enjoy your day off!!!

B - Better

O - Off

W - Without

t - the

w - way

i - international

Bowtwi and WG, I'm just spitting with jealousy!!!! LOL

However, in the summertime with all your bugs I won't be while I get eaten up with mosquitos. What fun the weather is in different parts of the country.

I miss my homeland!!!!

If you do not tell the truth about yourself you can not tell it about other people.

virginia woolfe

Severe storm damage.

Received this from my daughter in law who lives in CA.

With all the news on TV lately about the sub zero weather and snow that the east coast and upstate NY areas are experiencing, we shouldn't forget that Southern California has its share of devastating weather, also.

I've attached a photo illustrating the damage caused to a home from a west coast storm that passed through the Los Angeles area yesterday.

It really makes you cherish what you have, and reminds us not to take life for granted!!!

Warning: The attached picture is quite graphic and may not be suitable for sensitive viewers.

icon_smile.gif:)-->," God

Pirate, I used to live in south carolina and loved it.

One time I had a date I will never ever forget. This guy took me up to north carolina up in the mountains in the fall time. Being from the pacific northwest I had never really seen fall time. I was in awe. All the colors was fantastic!!!!!!!

Butch if you are still around and come to gs please remember this was the best date a girl could ever have had!!!!! Its in my memories forever!!!!!!

virginia woolfe

I'm with Sadie Vick...just south of Knoxville...very breezy this morinin'...got all my windows open to let some fresh air in after the cold winter weather of past weeks...looking like rain here too Sadie...my daffodils are springin' up...time for planting!!! YAY!!!! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Peace and Love.

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

''...show a little faith, there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright, oh, and that's alright with me...''

-Bruce Springsteen

Bow...

We used to live in Ocala...Mr. Freaky was raised in the Ocala National Forest...me, I'm from Jersey so I kinda hated not having any change of seasons there.

Still miss Daytona especially Bike Week, and Juniper Springs...maybe I'll get down there this summer...hubby's brothers still live there.

Peace and Love.

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

''...show a little faith, there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright, oh, and that's alright with me...''

-Bruce Springsteen

Well congrats to youse guys in TN, OH, the Carolinas and FL, though FL folks probably are used to it more.

Here in the desert, we've had rain this last few days. Yesterday, it even hailed enough in some places in the Phoenix area to accumulate on the ground as if it had snowed.

At my house, it's been raining all night.

It's a refreshing change, even though the temps are in the 40s-50s.

Last week, I had the front door open several days... but not today.

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> You talkin to me?

Vickles -- Hey there. You all sure got more than we did here in Duluth. Barely 2 inches fell here. Looking out over Lake Superior and into Wisconsin, I see the clouds are more ominous there, so the main brunt must have passed us by.

I'll be coming to Minneapolis this weekend for a Bluegrass "festival" of sorts. Should I lock the truck into 4-wheel drive? icon_cool.gif

Kit -- icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> Love it! Does their insurance cover all that damage, or was the storm declared an "act of God"? icon_wink.gif;)--> icon_wink.gif;)-->

Edited by Guest

Here in Texas spring has sprung!! The grass is greening up. The trees are budding out. And our peach trees are blooming. And my tulips and daffodils are up and ready to bloom.

Spent some time yesterday getting my garden ready, tilling compost in and all. I just love digging in the dirt!

All you snow bound peoples come on down here and we'll light up the grill and char some meat!

Geez, I sure envy all you people in the warmer climates, I went for a long run this morning out on some trails, the snow is melting like crazy and i had to deal with every time i ran a step i would sink down about 6 inches, then when I would get to what were supposed to be streams, they were like raging rivers, and when i would jump to get across them I would break through on the edge and fall in about a foot, needless to say i was totally soaked by the time i was finished my run........don't ask why I don't just run on the roads, I think I'm a sucker for punishment, naw there's just something that lures me back into running in the woods, but i sure envy you people who are already wearing shorts and tank tops, I can't wait to be running in that stuff again.......

Here on the beautiful Azalea coast of southeastern North Carolina.....82 degrees and a wonderful sea breeze blowing icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Backforty.....I had my sunroof open and Norah Jones blaring....SO THERE icon_razz.gif:P-->

Pirate, when you and the pirateers need a trip to the beach, just let me know...Wilmington is gorgeous....ANYTIME OF YEAR!!!

ROR icon_cool.gif

icon_eek.gif Here in Michigan we are mud! Snow and rain mix all night; mostly rain. Spent some time this am digging a drainage ditch to send the lake in my driveway away. Temp about 42 and windy. Sigh

Mud pies for supper.

Edited by Guest

Yeah Radar, but watch out for Hurricanes...

and the sun is out now at my house. cnn says predicted high of 69

the rain is a blessing and within a couple of weeks, the desert wildflowers will be bloomin like crazy...

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> You talkin to me?

quote:
I ended up turning back and now have a snow day off.

I could never dream of having a day off for weather in Southern California. I loved snow days as a kid. I wish I could stay home from work. There's give and take in every situation I guess.

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects.

Well, I got a call around noon from work saying the roads were clear and that I had to go in. Needless to say I went in and sure enough the roads were cleared. And I had so many plans...lol

Tonight we are in the middle of another snowstorm.

virginia woolfe