GreaseSpot Cafe

The Trinity has met it's match!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evan I was just having a little fun with Cynic. Did you go on your African missionary trip? If yes how was it?

And Cynic your last post was a surprising improvement over your usual religious legalese writing style here. I am just wandering though. What religious books explain things in such a way? I guess I am waiting for you to start quoting from sources that are not from the canon of scripture and that are dated post the 4th century AD.

O.K. I see your source now. You must have posted it while I was composing this one. Still taking theological material from Roman Catholic sources I see.

Mark, I didn't come in here to add to an argument. I came for an answer. I tried to let you know that with my post that followed yours after you borrowed from my question to go after Cynic with. If you have history with him then that's between you guys, I didn't want to be used against anyone.

Remember when I gave ear to your instruction, and even grew in knowledge because of it? Can you please allow me to speak to Cynic without using my words against him?

Thank you for your consideration, you've always been very respectful towards me in the past.

'Twas another great trip, Mark. The bus ride across the expanse of the Great Rift Valley was a special treat. As usual, the most amazing thing about Africa is its amazing people. I'm still picking African boogers out of my nose, in case you're interested.

I'm a bit puzzled why people become so obsessed with what are, in my opinion, unprovable doctrinal arguments. Believing the trinity has neither aided nor hindered many people through the centuries who have done amazing and profound things.

I think any expression of the Godhead is, at best, incomplete. How can man express what is quite beyond him? That said, an expression that is grossly in error is harmful, no doubt.

"African boogers"??? What are....

No, wait. I don't want to know.

Glad to hear you had a good time en Afrique. I'd love to go myself some day.

JerryB

Hello ChattyKathy:

Actually, the first time I ever heard about God's mommy Mary was at my old Catholic High School 20 years ago. This was after I had graduated and I was working there part time as their soccer coach. I was in the weight room working out one day and I heard one of the teachers refer to God's mommy Mary and thought he was joking. I commented, "as if God needed a mommy". I really thought he was joking, but from the expression on his face after I said that it dawned on me that he actually was serious. He really was referring to Mary as God's mommy. I guess it was sort of a term of endearment for him. Ever since then it has been sort of a running joke with me. And yes, I have previously needled our friend Cynic about this because he too appears to have adopted some Roman Catholic doctrine as part of his personal theology. This has nothing to do with your posts above and I really do like Cynic. However, I understand that he is Calvinist and not actually a Roman Catholic. Yet, like a lot of Christians he has adopted at least some Roman Catholic originated doctrine perhaps without full knowledge of its source.

And Evan, that sounds lik a very cool thing that you did in Africa. That took a lot of courage and love to travel there to minister to some of their people in their land. I am sure God will reward you for your efforts. Please do share with us some of your experiences. Perhaps on another thread.

I wanted to give you folks an update on the status of BU.

As I stated, Jeff and I signed an agreement about the site and it's use and purpose. I had mentioned at the time that there needed to be a clause that would not lock me out of administration. I was told it was not necessary, that it "would never come to that". Boy, was that a lie from he!!. The fact that it's not specifically mentioned is reason why I no longer have access.

What I said is if I have to negotiate my having access to the site, then it's not going to happen. My understanding is that it would never be an issue, so it didn't need to be specifically stated even though that's what I wanted. I'm not an idiot. Contracts need to be concise and precise. But I was told I was displaying a "lack of trust" when I wanted everything to be stated.

Hmmm.

Bringing the concord in for a landing and the point that I was making when I first came across this thread: The way Jeff posted here was an act of deception on his part. His insisting that I trust him about my continued access to the BU site was an act of deception. CES knowingly and willingly accepts this behavior as they continue to employ this person and allow him to act deceptively on behalf of CES, therefore I can't trust CES.

You make up your own mind. This is my story and I have had access at a level that none of you have had.

Several months ago I registered ChristianUnitarian.com not being happy with the way BU was headed.

Here's the basis of the site:

Not all Christians are Unitarian.

Not all Unitarians are Christian.

Not all Christian Unitarians are "biblical unitarians"

Unitarans that confess Jesus as Lord (rom 10:9-10) are Christian.

I am interested in getting souls won over to Christ and I believe that keeping it simple is a start.

The other point of the site is to push for acceptance and respect the concept of Christian Unitarianism into the orthodox church.

What I am looking for is writers and editors who are interested in doing the same thing. I also could use a kick-butt logo (garth <cough&gticon_wink.gif;)--> as I'm not an artist, nor do I play one on TV.

The site is being built with Typo3, a heavy duty CMS. The head developer is a committed Christian named Kasper from Norway.

The only thing I worry about is how freakin' argumentative some of you can be. The purpose of the site is NOT about being right, but about respect for people's beliefs and that there is room for Unitarians in the body of Christ.

If any of you are interested in working on this project, send me a private message.