GreaseSpot Cafe

WE ARE CHANGED #2

It should be by now obvious that I was quite rude, discouteous, impolite and down right just plain mean. I apologise to all that were negatively affected my responses on this Doctrinal Forum.

I do applaude with thanks to the admins for removing my replys from the "A proPFAL THREAD - General Comments".

AND rightly so! That decision was certainly a relief to me as well others. That I know.

I pushed the envelope to far fer sure.

I'm not much of a Doctrinal Dude ennymore. TWInty years of that kinda thing left me a taste that I'd rather not describe.

And be rest assured I am not kissing up to anyone. That shoud be most evident.

I would like to leave this Doctrinal with my integrity intact and make this my last entry here for quite some time to come. There is a place I know of where I can really sing a song and be a "blessing".

So, I leave this here in Doctrinal as a fare the well.

I have had permission from Brother Blakely to post his words anytime I wish. That was from five years ago and to this day I receive his gig of thoughts, five times a week, of which most I do not even open, but some I do~~~

Hence this one,

and that's the best I can do in Doctrine.

enjoy.

Cheerfully,

TheSongRemainsTheSame

Subj: WE ARE CHANGED, #2

Date: 1/13/2005 10:11:49 PM Eastern Standard Time

A Thought for the Day - Powered by InJesus

Subscribe Unsubscribe Change E-mail View Archive

WE ARE CHANGED, #2

Given O. Blakely

Jan 13, 2005

THE NATURE OF SPIRITUAL LIFE

"But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away. Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." (2 Cor 3:15-18, KJV)

Devotion 25 of 33

WE ARE CHANGED, #2

"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed . . . "

A static religion – where there is no fundamental progression – is one in which Jesus is not resident. In such a case, the people are not focused upon Him, and have become distracted to other things. Our text is not speaking of mere possibilities or ideals. This is what happens when our attention is focused on "The record God has given of His Son" (1 John 5:10-11). There simply is no possibility that an individual's attention can be focused on the Subject of the Gospel without that person being "changed." This is because that Person, Jesus Christ, is "alive for evermore" (Rev 1:18).

A religion that leaves a person unchanged should be immediately abandoned – cast away as the rubbish that it is! It must be regarded as "dung," just as Paul considered his own past – steeped in Jewish tradition (Phil 3:8). Just as surely as Moses could not remain in the presence of the Lord of glory without the skin of his face being "changed," so it is impossible for the person who beholds the glory of the Lord to remain unchanged!

When a church – any church – must resort to canned procedures to try and awaken the people to righteousness, there is something that is fundamentally wrong. When Paul had to write the Corinthians in such a manner as to constrain them to conduct themselves properly, it was because they had been diverted from the Lord of glory. Their eyes had been turned to men (1 Cor 3:4), and thus their spiritual change was aborted! They had reverted to a carnal state, from which they had once been delivered (1 Cor 3:1-3), and therefore they ceased to progress.

Rather than changing upward, they were in a state of moral and spiritual decline. They allowed fornication among them (1 Cor 5:1-5). They did not consider the impact of suing one another before carnal judges (1 Cor 6:1-5). They were unable to discern when it was proper to marry, and how to handle challenging circumstances within marriage (1 Cor 7:1-16). Paul had to reason with them about being mindful of weaker brethren, whose conscience was in a state of formation (1 Cor 8:1-13). Some of the Corinthians could not see that Paul was an Apostle, and was worthy of their support (1 Cor 9:1-27). They had forgotten about the experience of the Israelites, that was recorded for our admonition (1 Cor 10:1-12). The church in Corinth was not making an association of their assemblies with edification (1 Cor 11:1-19). Instead of the Lord's table being a place of blessing among them, it became the occasion of Divine judgment (1 Cor 11:20-34). Somehow, the purpose served by spiritual gifts was no longer seen among them (1 Cor 12-14). Some of their number had ceased to believe the dead would be raised (1 Cor 15:1-52). What had happened among these people?

The Corinthians were no longer being "changed" – that is precisely why Paul had to write them two Epistles filled with rebuke and elementary teaching. This kind of pattern is so prevalent today that it is actually thought to be the "common" condition of the church. We are living in a time when religious careers are being tailored for dead and lifeless churches! Preaching and expounding Christ Jesus has now been classified with religious relics. The church has so many problems it needs a "counseling staff." It cannot worship the Lord, so it has invented a "worship leader." It's youth are going astray so they have created a "youth minister." A vast array of workshops and clinics have been developed to address the "practical needs" of the people. The church is not expanding, so "church planting" courses are being offered. Divorce is so common among professing Christians that we now have "divorce recovery" classes and clinics. So many preachers have fallen into moral sin that whole ministries are now devoted to their recovery. This is a fair representation of the "church" culture of our day. In fact, the church at Corinth has, for all practical purposes, been "restored." It was shameful for Corinth to have such traits (1 Cor 6:5; 15:34), and it is shameful for them to exist today as well!

These conditions are the direct result of a lack of "change" – the kind of change that DOES take place when we "behold . . . the glory of the Lord." It is not possible to behold this glory and remain unchanged! It is not that decline is not apt to happen as we "behold." It is that is CANNOT happen when our attention is properly focused! A person cannot run the race set before him, "looking unto Jesus," and go backward, or be diverted to a spiritual alley (Heb 12:1-2). That circumstance cannot happen when the glory of the Lord is shining upon our unveiled face!

PRAYER POINT: Father, in the name of Jesus, I thank You for a salvation that changes character, advancing us to conformity to the image of Your Son.

-- Tomorrow: HEARTS THAT WERE TOUCHED --

Word of Truth Website:

http://www.wotruth.com

Word of Truth Fellowship:

http://www.wotruth.com/wotfindex.htm

Brother Blakely's Commentaries: http://www.wotruth.com/commentaries.htm

Ask A Question:

http://www.wotruth.com/questans-1.htm

Prayer Request Form:

http://www.wotruth.com/PRAYER.htm

Word of Truth Discussion Board

http://pub28.bravenet.com/forum/show.php?u...393410575&cpv=1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit My InJesus to manage your subscriptions, change your profile, or check out thousands of other great ministry groups.

If you do not have access to the web, you can use these addresses to unsubscribe or subscribe:

Unsubscribe: wotruth-unsubscribe@MyInJesus.com

Subscribe: wotruth-subscribe@MyInJesus.com

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

quote:
def59

posted February 02, 2005 12:57

The lesson for today's Christian is that God wants us to root all sin from our lives. The battle is not flesh and blood and we are never told to kill indiscriminately to "cleanse" an area.

Joshua was told to do this deed and he was faithful to a point to do it. We may find it distasteful, but from what some archaeologists have found, the people of Canaan were no angels and death may have been the merciful thing to do.

is that like a red flag over there?

Well, it certainly ain't a finger!

Go Figure???

...all I did was givhim the finger ~~~ I sware~~~

quote:

The lesson for today's Christian is that God wants us to root all sin from our lives.

if ya kinda read that really fast like three times, if ya can~~~ well, seems to me I ponder the ..."that God wants us~~~ our lives..." like, uhmmm ya know, I'ma "me" and you are an US & OUR we do not agree!!

(well at least i do agree abbot that!

about what?

No, What is about...

icon_cool.gif

def59

posted February 07, 2005 17:04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

Originally posted by Abigail:

It seems to me, being unloving/cruel,murdering people, and even judging someone based upon nothing but a general idea of their religious beliefs without really knowing the person would be sin.

If God is love, wouldn't anything outside of love be sin?

The mental gymnastics we use to justify prejudice and hatred reminds me very much of the mental gymnastics we used in TWI to justify the unsound doctrine and behavior there as well.

They two just cruising along, rag top down convertible style rare machine Road RUNNER the real for real hemi horse power muscle machine vehicle, hurst shifter 4 ond de floor & a Holly $ carb with a little nitro and baffles that are pefectly understandable~~~

..."well would you say that's a mirage or some Song. Nice buttocks."

"Must be Song, he's got an axe on his back and he's flagging a ******g ride...~~~ crank it down, no not the sounds, the rpms~~~ keep it revving purring loud and a thought and read ready to sckat quick~~~~

Why?

"Why! Because he has a jack!!! He's the for real Wild One . I asked him once, "What motivates you to write?." He said. " It's the music. I always write with music.""

The Lizard King pauses~~~ "Yeah?"

"Where are you going??"

"To the edge~~~ commonly known as the cliff~~~

I don't know why Joshua was given the command to kill everything in the promised land, but he was. And Israel did not do it and they kept paying the price for it for generations.

God's ways and understanding are higher than ours, when we see things in the Bible we do not understand, we should by all means study them with all of God-given faculties, but in the end, we may not get all the answers we would like or even how we would like them.

Abi, you said: If God is love, wouldn't anything outside of love be sin?

Judgment is a sign of love. It means that God cares for his creation enough to send judgment when its inhabitants have strayed too far.

The archaelogists have found the level of debauchery, human sacrifice and other sins to be so great that some have said it was with mercy that God sent Israel as an avenging army.

Adults, children, animals —even the ground carried the diseases and pestilence of a sin-wracked world.

In a sense, Israel was liberating the land from oppression. When cultures have gone too far down the road of sin, there has to be some way of correcting or eliminating the problem.

"~~~ well can I ride or do I continue to flag a ride?

Song

"...i would have loved to have seen the original rainbow. The San Grael. But all i see are repetitions of what might have been the oringinal. Only light can tell...

author unknown

and "Hank" the Harry B. Light ~~~ who such a dear friend I had not the understanding why he would not tell me what the "B." meant~~~ he got to cavght up in that the pfal became the o th w uhuuhmm the WORD

I am sure we will meet and discuss why he decided to uhmmm check out either from the point of view of this or that~~~ THIS DUDE LOVED GOD~~~ even did some of those spots local radios those 30 sec spots on a religious format~~~

enny way this Harry B. Light knows a cliff or two~~~

I have about twoo hundred plus pages of proPFAL "unfinished letters"~~~

>>>here's one~~~>>>

Dear Re. Bob Moynihan<

God Bless And the warmest greetings of love to you in the precious name of Jesus Christ.

Thank you for your letter dated "July 1991" to the Way Corps Spiritual Partners ___

Where's that confounded bridge~~~

Dear Michael & Cindy~~~

The greatness of God's Word moves within our lives when we move withinn its bounds.

As we continue to remain fully persuaded, we begin to see with the microscope and telescope of HIS Scope to move the Word over the world. Remaining faithful, we see results because God's Word does not return void.

~~~

SONG!!!!!

Stevo, time to pull out Stevie's Essential and play at normal for you and I levels. Then don't you think it time to bring her out by the fire as he tells of stories of conquering and thrilling at the taste of life. How her heart burnt within her to hear of her heritage unfold.

It's time now Stevo, we've both grieved the loss of your work, let's rebuild it my friend.

Flagging a ride is not as fun as its "used to be" intents and purposes.

Seems I have a little predicament going on here.

That's okay. When I first cruised to WD/GSC and entered chat, well I was was greeted by a friendly welcome and a short tour. Then I was let to tour on my own and encountered a fly swatter. How rude! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

(hey song you doing the tangent man gig again)

forgive me~~~

quote:
def59

Song

As with most of your posts, I do not know whether I should be amused or offended or neither.

Since we were friends in a previous life, I'll take the high road.

God bless you

Def

Only two choices of questions with a possiblity of more than three answers to consider?

If I may add a third question,

What the Song is he talking about?

Now, How many more known answers would be available to choose from?

icon_cool.gif

I was not saying you said I had nice buttocks , but rather you were driving the Road Runner and abi was a passenger and you and her were battn de chattn and i was flagging a ride and never mind~~~ I just thot a little presumptuous humour that Abi would think I had a nice foot that scenario that's all~~~~ icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Here's another, (as with most of my posts, as if you have read them all, and if you have I am sorry! icon_frown.gif:(--> ) and I hope you are not offended:

..."...For an hour or more, we sat there laughing as Red — and his guest that week, Phyllis Diller — ran through the framework of that week's show, but with dirty jokes ad-libbed in place of the real lines. Mike's friend had slipped us a copy of the script and I followed along with it, noting how Red would do one line from the show, then three or four lines about flatulence that Lenny Bruce would have rejected as being in poor taste. Then he'd do another bit from the script, then six or seven jokes about women's breasts. It is doubtful that, just at that moment, God was telling Red what to do."...

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED 10/24/97

in POV

Point Of View

By : Mark Elanier

~~~and uhmmm~~~ I'm out'a mind.

Headed to da 7/11.

Be back in 5 minutes.

No, ME.

Not You.

I'll be back in five minutes.

anim-smile.gif

icon_cool.gif