GreaseSpot Cafe

Big Fish

I'd heard about this movie a lot.

Everything I'd heard was good.

Even those that said it was "different" said it was good.

Surely some of you must have seen it...

I watched it today. At first I kinda had to "make myself pay attention"... ya know how sometimes you have to just stick with it because they're building the story line?

When it was over I was convinced it was one of the best movies I'd ever seen. The actors hit their marks for sure. Tim Burton directed it. The writing was simply amazing.

As it was drawing to a close (don't tell anyone) I cried like a baby, sobbed... and I have never cried at a movie before. Really. Never. (oh, I've gotten a little misty, but never cried)

This movie just unlocked something I guess.

I'm not planning on crying at any other movies though.

See this movie. It won't disappoint if you give it a chance.

Tom, I just recently saw this movie and had almost the same experience as you did... started out slowly but got more and more drawn into the story, trying to watch for clues to what might be factual and what might be fictional... definately cried at the end. (but then, I cry at everything)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wifey and I saw this last night on PPV (third time for her).

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not just for the quirky story or the sets or the heart-strings-plucking ending, but for the craft that went into it.

Great attention to detail in composing the story

with all it's intricacies. It's like a Swiss watch in complexity and workmanship. It's what movies SHOULD be like (but unfortunately aren't).