GreaseSpot Cafe

Showers @ ROA....

nandon

I am also from the generation who had to shower nekked with all the rest of the gals starting in Jr. High. The ROA showers just weren't a big deal to me. Until....

One of the last times I was there, I was using one of the lockers near the edge of the tent and suddenly there was a bright flash of light at about ground level. It dawned on me that some little perve had snuck to the edge of the tent and stuck his camera in and snapped off a shot. I was really upset about it, especially when those working the showers didn't seem to think it was a big deal. (Actually, they acted like I had imagined the whole thing.)

But then I realized, this poor dude got nothing more than a shot of a bunch of old, fat nekked gals with over-used mom parts (I wasn't the only one standing there) so the joke was on them. I hardly think that's what they were hoping for!!

I hated those Port-o-lets, too, with the little squares of toilet paper that weren't much better than waxed paper. Ugggh!

After a couple of Rockas tenting it and using the common showers, after that I always rented an RV and used the shower in it. SOOO much better!

I admit I do miss the old ROA, though. Such great times. Showers or no showers. I had fun with all the believers. I had a blast meeting new believers I had never met before. And I had a blast giving money to people in residence for Corps who needed it, people I didn't even know.

They later outlawed giving to Corps outside our own area. Sucked the fun right out of me. Some of us liked surprising a Corp person or two with a $20.00 bill.

I don't mean giving to graduated Corps, just those struggling to get through Corps training. I'm not sure if anyone can identify with me on the fun of giving to people who needed it. Oh, well...

Yes TT...

Wait ... shower... sweat "drying off" in the sauna tent... then walk back to the woods and sweat more on the way. Then "dress" for the main teaching!!!

I hung a tarp around the back of my van in the woods and hung a "camp solar shower" up. No more walks, sweats, or lines!!! It was super.

Lindy, I'm having to clean the spew from my computer screen! I'm sure that could have been very traumatic. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Metal urinals for women???? icon_eek.gif Who's grand idea was that??

Y'all really aren't making me wish I had ever attended a ROA. icon_wink.gif;)-->