GreaseSpot Cafe

John Lynn leaves CES?

wwjesuslaughat

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Satori001, no I am not John Lynn. Think about what John said. Why would he not be on staff? As a minister, you usually accomplish more when you do not have to work a regular job to pay your bills. That is why I give at my local church. I want the pastor spending his time ministering to those who need it not burdened with how to buy groceries.

I simply do not believe that John Lynn wasn't "forced" off staff by CES limiting what he could and could not do.

quote:
I simply do not believe that John Lynn wasn't "forced" off staff by CES limiting what he could and could not do.

According to some closely connected to CES, he left voluntarily.

If someone recognizes their *limitations*, and steps down -- they are much more effective in their ministry, than if they stayed in a position that they felt God did not want them in at the time.

Eh? smile.gif:)-->

Because I said he was "forced out" (meaning he left his staff position) does not mean he did not do it voluntarily.

My friend who receives a CES magazine tells me they have various committees within CES and many people who are not on staff are on these committees.

Here is the question that I do not have an answer. Maybe someone here knows and will give the answer. Is John Lynn still on ANY of these committees? If the answer to this question is yes, then he was probably not "forced out."

If John Lynn is not on any of the committees that help make decisions for the CES organization then his voluntarily leaving was really his only option and he was "forced out." Because he said was leaving staff "in order to achieve my long term goal of being totally involved in ministering to the people of God." Which means he could not do that by remaining on staff. Why not?

And why could a person not do that by remaining on staff? Because the person or persons in charge will not allow it. I have been involved in the corporate world far to long to not see this is very clear. A person might say and a Way person has said "that would not happen in our ministry." To this I say, sure. I have heard that before.

quote:
Originally posted by John Lynn:

Hello fellow Greasespots,

God bless you one and all.

John Lynn here to dispel the latest false rumor I hear is floating around the cafe.

Yes, I was divorced in early August.

No, I have in no way "left CES."

I resigned as an employee in January because it was what I needed to do now in order to achieve my long term goal of being totally involved in ministering to the many people God is continuing to bring to this wonderful ministry, of which I am still very much an active part.

If you know me personally and think it would profit you to know more about either situation, I'd be glad to hear from you.

My email address is jalces@aol.com.

If you are one of those ex-Way folks still sitting on the sidelines taking potshots at me and CES http://www.CESonline.org without any current firsthand knowledge of my heart and life or our ministry, bless you.

In Christ's love,

John

Come check out our research web site and see what we are doing to reach the world via the Internet.

http://www.TruthOrTradition.com

ClearWater -- this is from JAL, on page 3 of this thread. Methinks it says it all.

And from Tzaia -- on page 13 of the "Trinity has met it's Match" thread in Doctrinal:

quote:
quote:

Perhaps Tzaia could give some enlightenment as to why JAL was forced to abdicate the *presidency* of CES for that year or so?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was not forced. That was his own free-will decision. CES has taken a pretty zero-tolerance stance on certain things and John didn't play by the rules. In the process of him getting his head from out of dark places, he realized that he had to live what he preached and he had to suffer consequences for failure to do so. Personally, I have a great deal of respect for him doing so, because he paid dearly for the decision to step down.

To admit mistakes, and own up to them takes a bigger man than one who continues to live in them. icon_cool.gif