GreaseSpot Cafe

Your (our) thoughts on Billy Graham

Second James

One explanation I was given about never being alone with the opposite sex- especially if you were a minister- they don't want to give ANY opportunity for scandal to be given to the gospel. They just did not want to be a bad witness.

Makes a little bit of sense to me..

Even in the "swinging" seventies I witnessed religious folk, if they did the human thing like anybody else, were targeted with scathing ridicule. Many times from people with the moral values of guinea pigs. Held to a different standard. Unfair? Perhaps.

I guess if you claim sanctification and the such, you better live up to it..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, in reading most of these posts I am reminded of something another "B.G." said.

Brother Leonard said that until you've reached one more soul than Billy Graham has reached with the gospel, then you don't have the right to say anything about Billy Graham or lay anything at his feet.

Sounded like good advice to me.

Quite agreeable with me. I find it interesting how those with the morals less than jackasses- Loy, Vic, and crowd, had the worst stuff to say about him. I remember what jist was, "well, he MAY be a good guy, but getting them born again doesn't give them any real answers.." or some such nonsense.

I remember old Loy's "living sanctified" series. he certainly did not live up to his words..

Billy Graham on the other hand, didn't give people a single valid reason to rattle their jaws.