GreaseSpot Cafe

Burning CD's

Rachel

I am looking for software that will let me burn a file longer than the standard 80 minutes. The file I want to burn is a sound file, 130 minutes long and when I try to put it on a disc it says the file is too large, will not fit. If any of you know of a software program that will let me break up a sound file, please let me know.

Thanks,

Rachel

What you need is a good music editing software program that doesn't cost big bucks -

AudioSurgeon is also a good program for this and isn't terribly expensive - I think I paid something like $29 for it...

Or you can try a google with the words "free music editing software" and see what you come up with... I found this as one of the better free choices, but I'm not sure what your comfort-level or skill-level is with downloading and installing freeware:

http://mp3-player.audio4fun.com/mp3-music-editor.htm

Good luck!

quote:
Originally posted by Rachel:

I am looking for software that will let me burn a file longer than the standard 80 minutes. The file I want to burn is a sound file, 130 minutes long and when I try to put it on a disc it says the file is too large, will not fit. If any of you know of a software program that will let me break up a sound file, please let me know.

Thanks,

Rachel

Is it a music file, or a file of someone speaking?

If it's a someone giving a lecture or teaching,

a wav editing program like "Coolpro" could help; one could either speed up the speaker a bit, in addition to excising some silent moments.

Or - with a Wav editing program, simply divide the file into two wavs and burn them on 2 cds.