GreaseSpot Cafe

Smells of the Way

TheHighWay

I live not too far from Hormel. On nice summer days when I'm in that town I have that sweet aroma coming into my nostrils and along with the sweet aroma come the many sweet memories of Emporia....NOT!!!! icon_razz.gif:P-->

I never spent any time at any TWI location, and ROA was cancelled after I became involved.

What reminds me of TWI events that I've attended is the way a hotel smells. I travel sometimes in my work, and whenever I enter a good hotel, I'm reminded of TWI and Star Trek conventions.

Technobyte

The only smell that brings back twi memories for me is Russian tea. They always had that stuff at the way coffeehouse in the old days, and when I was on the set-up crew, I used to make it.

One whiff of that now takes me back to the little building behind the way home on Fifth Street in Greenville, NC. One of the few good memories I have of that experience.

Coming from a semi dry country what we LOVED was approaching winter with the falling snow, the red and green tartan decorations, the red and green little hard candy pieces and just the, the, the..Christmassy smells!!