GreaseSpot Cafe

TraxxSpot

GeorgeStGeorge

Several recent posts in "Name That Flick" show that the movie "Traxx", starring Shadoe Stevens, has had a profound effect on people's lives. In my case, it provided laughter and an uplifting message at a time in my life when I needed them. For Raf, even the name "Traxx" gets him to blaspheme. ("Traxx. Sweet Jesus.") Raf also refuses to believe that even five people have been blessed by "Traxx." So, I have two questions: what impact did "Traxx" have on your life, and am I wrong to be blessed, even though Raf has obviously suffered great trauma by "Traxx"?

George

Shadoe Stevens was the announcer for Hollywood Squares for many years, so his voice would be more recognizable than his face. He did actually sit in a square for a while, as well.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the movie. Raf, however, found it somewhat galling, I think. I admit that I told him to "get over it." icon_eek.gifredface.gif:o--> In retrospect, that may have been presumptious of me, because I haven't seen themovie "through his eyes." Just because MY experience with "Traxx" was a blessing, it does not mean that everyone's experience with "Traxx" was, as well. I apologize if I have offended anyone here with my personal views of the movie.

George

Let's put a little context in here:

The object of "Name that Flick":

You post a quote, and someone is supposed to guess which movie it's from.

George posted a quote from Traxx.

TRAXX!

No one in the history of going to the movies has ever bought a ticket to see Traxx, as it was never shown in theaters.

Then I posted a quote from Predator 2, and I got ripped for it. So, here's my challenge: I'll find five people who have seen Predator 2 and can tell me what happened. I'll see you in a day. You find five people who have seen Traxx and can tell us what happened. I'll see you in 150 years.

The people who MADE Traxx haven't seen it.

quote:
Originally posted by Raf:

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering (including George), my posts on this subject are all in good fun.

And no, I have never seen the movie.

So are mine, of course. I kind of hope most people see some tongue in cheek here.

When I read your post "I kind of thought, "Traxx," starring Shadoe Stevens? Sheesh! Was that even in theaters? For what, a week in 1987? But okay." I inferred that you were thinking "Traxx" BEFORE Sharon gave the answer.

Go rent it. If you don't like it, I'll send you $2 (or whatever it costs to rent a movie these days). (This is to Raf, though I feel relatively certain that anyone watching it will enjoy it.)

George

Never heard of "Traxx."

Never heard of Shadoe Stevens.

Didn't know anybody other than Peter Marshall ever did "Hollywood Squares."

I looked up this movie on imdb and realized I had at least seen this Shadoe guy (real name Terry Ingstad) but I didn't know his name. He was a semi-regular on "Dave's World" which wasn't a bad show.

Ripley v. The Terminator?

Not a bad match up.

Ahnold in the Terminator movies reminds me of Worf on Star Trek TNG: Fierce, ruthless, powerful: but the smaller and "weaker" his opponent, the more likely he is to get his butt kicked.

quote:
Originally posted by Raf:

Worf on Star Trek TNG: Fierce, ruthless, powerful: but the smaller and "weaker" his opponent, the more likely he is to get his butt kicked.

As long as we're derailing anyway, did you notice that in Next Generation, Klingons never beat ANYBODY except other Klingons? (In Deep Space 9, they occasionally beat the Jemm Hadar, but that's only because the Klingons were the "good guys" by then.)

Heck, even Traxx could take on a couple Klingons!!

George