GreaseSpot Cafe

If we don't get healed is it our fault?

ozbirdau

• 4 weeks later...

In August 2000 I suffered a stoke. I was told by my then way ministry hubby that it was because I did not believe enough, that I had walked out on the man of God & thus God no longer protected me. I was made to believe it was my fault because I wasn't a good enough believer. Nuts to that!!!!!!! I say God in fact was with me. I almost died but didn't. I could not walk, tie my shoes, take a tub bath, etc. I can now. Granted, I have some disability still but God didn't leave me to suffer either!

Vyctorya

There are plenty of people getting healed(miraculously) in plenty of churches and there are still others who 'don't make it'.

I have personally been involved in a young girl coming out of a coma pretty much instantaneously.

Selina and I were once at a beach doing some 'witnessing' and I was sitting a way off.

I clearly heard God say to me " look in Leahs mouth" (Leah was our 'baby at the time)(and no there was no snow around !!)

I looked over at her and my eyes seemed to 'pan in' on her mouth (they were about 20 yards away)In her mouth on a piece of apple that Selina was feeding her was a wasp !!. I yelled out and sprinted over and hooked it out of her mouth, thank God.

Many more 'instances' to relay.I still believe God is GOOD ALWAYS, the devil is BAD ALWAYS and Myself, Selina, Leah (who is now 13y.o.) and the rest of our kids are still declaring it.

oxbirdau, that was a terrible thing to happen, there's nothing worse than loosing a child. I'm sorry. icon_frown.gif:(-->

As far as healing goes, believing for something or most anything to do with scriptures, I really know little to nothing, now. I used to know so much, or thought I did, and if I didn't know it, then I could "work the word" and figure it out. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

The coolest scripture, for me, todate is Matt 26:39. And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Jesus didn't want to die on the cross, but he did it anyway. I have wondered for years why I didn't see this when people would tell me my believing was off. Could Jesus have "believed" not to die on the cross?

gc

I think Jesus could have chose not to be crucified.

He could have not believed what God was telling Him many many times in his life .

He could have answered Satan wish on the mountain when he was thirsty and hungry.

but He did not and that is why we do not have to worry about alot.

I do think it is our fault when someone smokes for years with the knowledge it can cause lung cancer. I do not think anyone should stand on the train tracks and ask God to make them move off in time often it is a choice.. one we do not understand till much further down the road for good or bad.

I do think when we play with fire we can get burned. What is God to do? make us puppets for Jesus without a choice?

I think the enemy will do what ever he can to kill steal and destroy anything we love... I know God is bigger and able to form a plan that will someday make it all so much better , till then we just do the best we can.