GreaseSpot Cafe

Weekend on the Muskegon

Shellon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know my intrigues got alot more intriguing today I may just head that way in my 225000 mile ford ranger (that uses no oil) n set fer a spell.

Might be fun icon_smile.gif:)-->

Abi are you telling us that sushi is skert to pee in the woods? ROFLMAO!!! Better keep him far away from my meanderings then, I get up close and personal with bugs n snakes n such when I'm out wandering.

Well Shell next year might be more do-able. And I have no problems peeing in the bushes. Just gotta keep the drawers out of the way, and pee down hill.

I can fish too. Even bait my own hook, and take the fish off of the hook. I just can't eat them. unless we want to take a trip to the ER.love tcat

LOL I have ONE rodent at my house; ONE!

Can't ya'll go three or four days without your computers? I mean.... icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

I just came from the cabin. It's so beautiful there! Hanging there with my brother and sister in law tomorrow night.

Amazing place.

It's the Muskegon River part just south of Houghton Lake Michigan.

If the location can be driven to, I may be up for it.

If ya have to back-pack to get there, it's unthinkable.

I can deal with no computer, no indoor plumbing, the smell of diesel fuel, and bodily odors from lack of showers, but it will take a lot of convincing for me to agree to *fire-brewed* coffee!

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

no backpacking in necessary, it's off the beaten path, on two track roads.

There is a gas stove inside where we can make coffee. Percolator coffee, but not terrible.

Even an oven if you wanna bake a cake or pie.

My brother and I sat and watched a screech owl this evening even! What a treat.

Typical of the cabin

No electricity...no computer...perked coffee over a fire...this gets more enticing all the time.

Can I build a fire outside if I make a stone fire ring, get the wood and do it all myself?

Does anyone know of a better aroma than coffee and breakfast cooking over an open fire? Is there really anything better than biscuits baked in a Dutch Oven with coals on top?

Cooking gear (skillet not shown)...all anyone needs for a gourmet meal

MVC-660X.JPG

uh...my huntin' buddies wanna know if they can come, too...we'll provide ALL the food.

MVC-675X.jpg