• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You use part of the word in in verness

:jump:

:dance::dance:

You got it hooray......Your up.

this must be a southern dip or something, or somethin' you have with gravy????

Ditto on the Scandinavian cookware.

I now realize that Paw is the expert on cookware because of my post.... :redface::biglaugh:

Sorry guys, it was rough for you, but all my other clues have been so blatantly simple that I put a twist on it.

So now you know not to look for the obvious. ;)

Clues from past post I am talking about. Not this one. :asdf:

Paw, I await your clues for the next post. Thank you.

Raf, what was wrong with the clue?

Hard to explain, exactly, except that getting "ho" from a picture of Santa clause is clever, but getting "inn" from a picture of inverness is not. There's a difference between figuring out what someone is thinking and reading that person's mind. "Which syllable of this word am I looking at?" is not the idea of this game.

Now, had the movie been "Holiday In Venice," the clue would have been absolutely brilliant. But there was no such film.

Look at the third picture in your clue, with the Alka Seltzer. If the word you're looking for is "alka," or if "alka" is part of the word, cool. Same with seltzer. Same with antacid. But it's a bad clue if the only thing you're looking for is the flat "a" from the middle of the word "antacid." That's not clever. It's just obscure. But that's what happened with Inverness.

General rule:

If the clue points to part of the word (ho is part of holiday), then as long as it combines with the other parts, you're okay. But be very, very careful going in the other direction (part of the word for the clue forms the word you're looking for). It often does not work. Ho worked. Inn did not.