Raf

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's a PRE-school, Tom.

This is getting to be like those "diacrostic" puzzles in a crossword puzzle book: figure out a clue, figure out the puzzle from the few clues you actually get, and then figure out the other clues by reverse engineering. I think the puzzle-posters are just getting lazy.

George

Hollywood Homicide

Yes it is, kind of a parallels the life of David Bowie-glam rockers lifestyle.

Please explain Raf... I truly am doing the best I can.... Haven't complained myself on anyone elses post.Thanks

If the sound you're looking for is "vel," post a picture of a veil.

If the sound you're looking for is "vet," post a picture of an old man in a military uniform.

Veil-vet.

Getting "vel" from "velveeta" leads us to wonder whether you're thinking of "vel," "veet," "ta" or just the letter T.

Similar sounding words are okay. A fraction of the word in the pic can be tricky. In hindsight, I wish I'd used a priest instead of a pre-school for my last clue. But you live and learn.

As for "net" to get "vet," well, it's bad, but not unmanageable. It just starts to take the fun out of the picture hunt when better options exist.

One of my favorite postings of my own was the ocean, a boxing match and a buoy. The movie was "What About Bob?" Get it? Water Bout Bob? Tee heee.... okay, not funny.

But the idea is that we should look at the picture and try to figure out what word you're thinking of, not what syllable of what word.

K?

===

Not that it's relevant, but I can't tell that the traffic light is green. That could have been "stop" as easily as "go." The traffic light idea, by the way, was clever.

Edited by Raf

Notting Hill :)

clam.jpg

eye.jpg

Tea.jpg

JaneFonda.jpg

Easy enough?