GreaseSpot Cafe

What is the best way to lose weight (and quickest)?

waterbuffalo

Here ya go wonderful ladies!!

FAT FLUSHING STAPLES

Apple cider vinegar

Cranberry juice (pure)

Flaxseed oil

Flaxseeds

Lemons

Water

FAT FLUSHING PROTEINS

Beef

Eggs

Lamb

Salmon

Whey protein

FAT FLUSHING PROTEINS

Asparagus

Broccoli

Cabbage

Cauliflower

Cucumbers

Jicama

Kale

Spagetti Squash

Tomatoes

Watercress

Zucchini

FAT FLUSHING FRUITS

Apples

Berries

Peaches

FAT FLUSHING HERBS and SPICES

Anise

Cayenne

Cinnamon

Cloves

Corriander

Cumin

Dill

Dried Mustard

Fennel Seed

Garlic

Ginger

Parsley

OTHER FAT FLUSHING FOODS

Almonds

Olive oil

Spelt

Sweet Potatoes

Yogurt

FAT FLUSHING SUPPLEMENTS

Choline

Chromium

Cla-conjugated linoleic acid

Gla-gamma linolenic acid

L-Methionine

Milk thistle

Oregon Grape Root

If any of these foods interest you, I can give you the run-down on each one, on how much, how often and how they work to get rid of the extra weight. I can also let you know what category they fall into regarding if they are: Blood-Sugar Stablizer, Cholesterol Zapper, Detoxifier. Diuretic, Energizer, Thermogenic.

Cowgirl

PS I'm sure you're already aware you can eat alot more foods than this that are extremely healthy, this is just the list for fat flushing foods, they have also found that these particular foods improve circulation, increases energy, stabilizes mood swings, induces sound sleep, improves skin texture, makes nails stronger, lower cholesterol and balances triglyceride levels, also internal cleansing which provides for mental and emotional benefits.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the ones I'm already using, and then I'll do a list of the others that interest me. I'd love it if you could give me the low-down on them. Thanks sooo much Cowgirl

Flax seeds [i'm thrilled to see this one, I started using it because I have high triglycerides.]

Asparagus

broccoli

cauliflower

cucumbers

tomatoes

zucchini

cayenne

garlic

olive oil

water

I'm looking at adding lemon - can use it to flavor my water.

Here's the low down on one of my favorite vegies. I eat them on salads, sauted, or grilled. They fill me up and satisfy my taste buds.

MUSHROOMS CONTRIBUTE TO GOOD HEALTH

Mushrooms are an ideal food - they contain almost no fat, sugar and salt but are a valuable source of dietary fibre. The fibre in mushrooms will help satisfy hungry slimmers as it gives them something to chew on. Mushrooms add flavour to low salt diets. Less salt may help to reduce the incidence of heart disease, high blood pressure and stroke.

VITAMINS

Mushrooms are a good source of the B vitamins - niacin, riboflavin, thiamin, folate, vitamin B6, biotin and pantothenic acid. These vitamins are lost when vegetables are cooked in boiling water. However, mushrooms are seldom boiled, so the B vitamins are retained. Niacin helps to control the release of energy from protein, fat and carbohydrate. Riboflavin is also essential for the breakdown of carbohydrate, fat and protein into energy. It is also needed for healthy skin and mucous membranes, especially those in the cornea. Thiamin controls the release of energy from carbohydrate, needed for the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system. Folate is essential for the formation of red and white blood cells in bone marrow. B6 is essential for breaking down protein for use in building new body tissue. Biotin is necessary for the release of energy from fat. Collectively, these B vitamins in mushrooms may help to relieve stress, depression and fatigue. Mushrooms are also one of the few dietary sources of Vitamin D - for strong healthy hair, skin and nails.

MINERALS

Mushrooms are a good source of the minerals potassium, selenium, copper and phosphorus. Mushrooms contain more potassium than most other vegetables and fruits. This mineral can have a positive effect in lowering blood pressure. Selenium has anti-oxidant properties, rendering harmful free radicals safe and is therefore implicated as an anti-cancer agent. Copper is a vital mineral required to make collagen. Lack of copper is linked with osteoporosis and heart disease. Phosphorus is the companion nutrient to calcium. About 80% is in the bones giving rigidity to the skeleton.

PROTEIN

Mushrooms are a good source of easily absorbed, high quality vegetable protein, containing more than most other vegetables.

Asparagus- it's a diuretic and detoxifier. This vegtable's ability to fight water retention comes from the fact that it is high in potassium and low in sodium and contains an amino acid called "asparagine." This trio also helps prevent fatigue by neutralizing ammonia, a substance that can build up in our bodies during the digestive process.

Asparagus contains a special carbohydrate called "inulin" that is not digested but that helps feed the friendly bacteria in the large intestine. When we consume "inulin" regularly these friendly bacteria proliferate, keeping the intestinal tract clear of unfriendly bacteria. It's also an excellent source of "glutathione", an important anticarcinogen and "rutin", a substance that protects the small blood vessels from rupturing.

It also provides vitamins A and C, potassium, phosphorus, and iron, also a good source of fiber, the B complex vitamins and zinc, also high in folic acid which has been shown to reduce the risk of heart diease.

Recommended Usage..... At least 1/2cup to 1 cup of asparagus per week.

Cowgirl

Broccoli- a cholesterol zapper, a detoxifier and a blood-sugar stablizer.

Iron, vitamin C, potassium, fiber- broccoli has all these plus abundant amounts of folic acid, calcium and vitamin A

It gives a boost to certain enzymes that help detoxify the body. Detoxification contributes to weight loss while helping to prevent cancer, diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis and high blood pressure. Also known to contain a certain "pectin fiber" that binds to bile acids and keeps cholesterol from being released into the bloodstream.

Also contains "sulforaphane" a chemical found in broccoli, was found to kill "H. pylori", bacteria that cause stomach ulers and stomach cancers. "Sulforaphane" even destroyed those strains of bacteria that had become resistant to antibotics. It's also a good source of folic acid which scientists now believe serves as a defence against Alzheimer's disease and reduces the rish of heart diease.

Ounce for ounce broccoli offers more vitamin C than an orange and as much calcium as a glass of milk. one medium spear has 3 times more fiber than a slice of wheat-bran bread and over 1000IUs of vitamin A.

Broccoli leaves which are edible, contain a very high concentration of beta-carotene.

Like it's cruciferous relatives broccoli contains "goitrogens, naturally occuring substances that can interfere with thyroid function, if you have been diagnosed with a thyroid disorder you may want to check with your physcian before you consume large amounts of broccoli.

Recommended usage.... At least 3-5 cups of broccoli per week.

Cucumbers- A diuretic, packed with plenty of vitamin C, silica, potassium and magnesium.

Since silica is an essential component of healthy connective tissue, cucumbers help build strong muscles, tendons amd bones.

Minerals in cucumbers can fight hypertension by reducing systolic blood pressure by aleast 5 points. And a generous helping of cucumber works to hydrate the body and reduce excess water weight.

Recommended Usage....1 cucumber daily

Most cucumbers are waxed to protect them from brusing during shipping, be sure to peel them before eating. If you buy unwaxed like the "English cucumber" be sure to leave the skin on when you eat it, alot of the nutrients are in the skin.

Abigail

PS I've read up on silica (the silica that's found in cucumbers) and it does absolute wonders for the skin among other things. Here is a link you might find of some interest. Although on this particulat site they are trying to sell you their product I just wanted you to see it for it's info about silica and how beneficial it is.

Wow!! Cowgirl - thank you for taking the time to post all this great information! One cucumber a day, eh? I can probably increase to that, or close to it. I probably eat about 2 a week right now. hmmm maybe I'll have cucumbers for breakfast.

Gonna add more broccoli too icon_smile.gif:)--> It's good in salads. Asparagus I'm all ready probably eating at the appropriate level.

I just switched to soy milk in my coffee instead of regular milk. It has far less carbs and fat.

*Asparagas cooking tip*

If you wanna do the asparagas, but don't wanna do the sauces, cheeses, and etc.. but want it to taste superb...put your asparagas directly onto the grill, turning it once or twice. When it is pliable (according to your taste) take it off the grill and eat it.

You don't need butter, salt, or anything...it's fantastic!!!

We are doing the fat burning soup diet this week...and on our vegetable day, we are grilling asparagas for dinner. YUM!!!

If you are doing the fat burning soup diet, to make the soup tastier...remember that herbs are free of calories!!! To our soup we added rosemary, taragon, basil, cumin, celery powder, cayenne, and a few extra hot peppers (we did not use the lipton onion soup packet). Made the taste MUCH more enjoyable.

On the day when you eat bananas and drink skim milk, Steve! and I had to find a way that we can do that (we both don't like milk). So we are freezing the bananas and makin banana smoothies with the skim milk.

Cowgirl, do you know how veggies are affected if steamed? I don't eat salads, but some veggies like cucumbers and carrots I will raw. The rest I steam.

The non-pasturized yogurt, what is the low down on that as far as fat flushing etc?

Cindy!, the banana milk shakes are good when you add strawberries and blueberries too. I recently started adding raw oatmeal, grapenut cereal and plain yogurt with "active yogurt cultures" or "living yogurt cultures" to my milk shakes. The oatmeal is great for your heart and gives it a nutty flavor (or maybe that is the grapenut?) in the shake and makes you feel fuller, just make sure you mix it well in the blender. The yogurt is healthy and has beneficial bacteria, but for it to be beneficial you have to have continual consumption. Not sure what the recommendations are, ie how fast the body expels it. Plus, I have lots of grains that I use for bread baking and am going to test them out in my shakes next.

gc

Edited by gcasey

Hi Krysilis!

I would have to agree with you, from all the reading I have done blueberries definitely tops the list when it comes to antioxidants. Here is some extra info on blueberries and their health benefits......

Health Benefits

Blueberries are literally bursting with nutrients and flavor, yet very low in calories. Recently, researchers at Tufts University analyzed 60 fruits and vegetables for their antioxidant capability. Blueberries came out on top, rating highest in their capacity to destroy free radicals.

An Antioxidant Powerhouse

Packed with antioxidant phytonutrients called anthocyanidins, blueberries neutralize free radical damage to the collagen matrix of cells and tissues that can lead to cataracts, glaucoma, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, peptic ulcers, heart disease and cancer. Anthocyanins, the blue-red pigments found in blueberries, improve the integrity of support structures in the veins and entire vascular system. Anthocyanins have been shown to enhance the effects of vitamin C, improve capillary integrity, and stabilize the collagen matrix (the ground substance of all body tissues). They work their protective magic by preventing free-radical damage, inhibiting enzymes from cleaving the collagen matrix, and directly cross-linking with collagen fibers to form a more stable collagen matrix.

Cardioprotective Action

While wine, particularly red wine, is touted as cardioprotective since it is a good source of antioxidant anthocyanins, a recent study found that blueberries deliver 38% more of these free radical fighters. In this study, published in the August 2003 issue of the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, researchers found that a moderate drink (about 4 ounces) of white wine contained .47 mmol of free radical absorbing antioxidants, red wine provided 2.04 mmol, and a wine made from highbush blueberries delivered 2.42 mmol of these protective plant compounds.(October 1, 2003)

Cholesterol-lowering Pterostilbene

Pterostilbene (pronounced TARE-oh-STILL-bean), a powerful antioxidant compound found in blueberries, which is already known to fight cancer, may also help lower cholesterol.

In a study using rat liver cells, scientists at the USDA Agricultural Research Service compared the cholesterol-lowering effects of pterostilbene to those of ciprofibrate, a lipid-lowering drug, and resveratrol, an antioxidant found in grapes with a chemical structure similar to pterostilbene that has been shown to help fight cancer and heart disease.

They based their comparison on each compound's ability to activate PPAR-alpha (short for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha). The PPARs are a family of receptors on cells all throughout the body that are involved in the absorption of compounds into cells for use in energy production. PPAR-alpha is crucial for the metabolism of lipids, including cholesterol. Pterostilbene was as effective as ciprofibrate and outperformed resveratrol in activating PPAR-alpha. The take away message: turn up your cholesterol burning machinery by eating more blueberries, grapes and and cranberries. (January 14, 2005)

A Visionary Fruit

Extracts of bilberry (a variety of blueberry) have been shown in numerous studies to improve nighttime visual acuity and promote quicker adjustment to darkness and faster restoration of visual acuity after exposure to glare. This research was conducted to evaluate claims of bilberry's beneficial effects on night vision made by British Air Force pilots during World War II who regularly consumed bilberry preserves before their night missions.

Protection against Macular Degeneration

Your mother may have told you carrots would keep your eyes bright as a child, but as an adult, it looks like fruit is even more important for keeping your sight. Data reported in a study published in the June 2004 issue of the Archives of Opthamology indicates that eating 3 or more servings of fruit per day may lower your risk of age-related macular degeneration (ARMD), the primary cause of vision loss in older adults, by 36%, compared to persons who consume less than 1.5 servings of fruit daily.

In this study, which involved 77,562 women and 40,866 men, researchers evaluated the effect of study participants' consumption of fruits; vegetables; the antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E; and carotenoids on the development of early ARMD or neovascular ARM, a more severe form of the illness associated with vision loss. Food intake information was collected periodically for up to 18 years for women and 12 years for men.

While, surprisingly, intakes of vegetables, antioxidant vitamins and carotenoids were not strongly related to incidence of either form of ARM, fruit intake was definitely protective against the severe form of this vision-destroying disease. Three servings of fruit may sound like a lot to eat each day, but by simply tossing a banana into your morning smoothie or slicing it over your cereal, topping off a cup of yogurt or green salad with a half cup of blueberries, and snacking on an apple, plum, nectarine or pear, you've reached this goal. (June 30, 2004)

A Better Brain with Blueberries

In animal studies, researchers have found that blueberries help protect the brain from oxidative stress and may reduce the effects of age-related conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Researchers found that diets rich in blueberries significantly improved both the learning capacity and motor skills of aging rats, making them mentally equivalent to much younger rats.

Protect the Brain from Damage After a Stroke

Eating plenty of blueberries may significantly lessen brain damage from strokes and other neurological disorders, suggests a study published in the May 2005 issue of the Journal of Experimental Neurology.

Neuroscientists at the University of South Florida College of Medicine, James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital and the National Institute on Drug Abuse found that rats fed diets enriched with blueberries, spinach or spirulina (a type of algae) suffered the loss of much fewer brain cells and recovered significantly more of their ability to move following a stroke.

The researchers studied four groups of rats. All were fed equal amounts of food for one month. The control (untreated) group ate chow only. A second group was given rat chow supplemented with blueberries, the third got chow with spinach, and the fourth received chow with spirulina.

After four weeks, an ischemic stroke with reperfusion was induced in the rats. (An ischemic stroke occurs when a blood clot blocks an artery, cutting off the supply of oxygen to the brain with the result that brain cells can be severely damaged and die). When the clot is cleared, the pent up oxygenated blood quickly rushes back in. Known as reperfusion, this restoration of blood flow can also result in brain damage as it causes cellular swelling, edema and the production of free radicals.

Rats given blueberry or spinach along with their chow, however, were protected: the size of the area of their brains damaged by the stroke was half that seen in the brains of the control rats.

Rats fed spirulina-enriched diets did even better; their stroke lesions were 75 per cent smaller than those of controls. In addition, but not surprisingly, rats pretreated with the blueberry, spinach or spirulina diets also showed regained more of their abilities to move after the stroke than rats in the control group. Neuroscientists think the reason for the improved outcome in blueberry, spinach or algae-treated rats is the same as that demonstrated in previous University of Florida/Veterans Administration research, which revealed that diets enriched with blueberries, spinach or spirulina reversed normal age-related declines in memory and learning in old rats. All these foods are exceptionally rich in antioxidants, which neuroscientists believe able to largely counteract the burst of free radicals triggered in brain cells by an ischemic stroke. It is this sudden excessive production of free radicals that damages the lipids, proteins and DNA in brain cells, causing their death.

Several ingredients in blueberries, including their flavonoids and anthocyanins, have been shown to have strong antioxidant activity. Similar to blueberry, spinach leaves also contain high levels of antioxidants flavonoids, p-coumaric acid, 9-cis-β-carotene, and other water-soluble natural antioxidants. Just how powerful these compounds are is suggested by the fact that blueberries and spinach were each given as only 2% of the two supplemented rat diets.

Protection Against Cancer

In addition to their powerful anthocyanins, blueberries contain another antioxidant compound called ellagic acid, which blocks metabolic pathways that can lead to cancer. In a study of 1,271 elderly people in New Jersey, those who ate the most strawberries (another berry that contains ellagic acid) were three times less likely to develop cancer than those who ate few or no strawberries. In addition to containing ellagic acid, blueberries are high in the soluble fiber pectin, which has been shown to lower cholesterol and to prevent bile acid from being transformed into a potentially cancer-causing form.

Healthier Elimination

Blueberries can help relieve both diarrhea and constipation. In addition to soluble and insoluble fiber, blueberries also contain tannins, which act as astringents in the digestive system to reduce inflammation. Blueberries also promote urinary tract health. Blueberries contain the same compounds found in cranberries that help prevent or eliminate urinary tract infections. In order for bacteria to infect, they must first adhere to the mucosal lining of the urethra and bladder. Components found in cranberry and blueberry juice reduce the ability of E. coli, the bacteria that is the most common cause of urinary tract infections, to adhere.

Safety

Blueberries and Oxalates

Blueberries are among a small number of foods that contain any measurable amount of oxalates, naturally-occurring substances found in plants, animals, and human beings. When oxalates become too concentrated in body fluids, they can crystallize and cause health problems. For this reason, individuals with already existing and untreated kidney or gallbladder problems may want to avoid eating large amounts of blueberries. Oxalates may also interfere with absorption of calcium from the body. For this reason, individuals trying to increase their calcium stores may want to avoid eating blueberries with calcium-rich foods, or if taking calcium supplements, may want to eat them 2-3 hours before or after taking their supplements.

As far as the best fruit we can eat here is a list I got from a site called "The World's Healthiest Foods".....

Apple

Apricots

Bananas

Bluberries

Cantaloupe

Cranberries

Figs

Grapefruit

Grapes

Kiwi

Lemon and limes

Orange

Papaya

Pear, barlette

Pineapple

Plums

Prunes

Raisins

Raspberries

Strawberries

Watermelon

Abigail here is some more info on the foods you asked about.....

Cauliflower- Detoxifier, contains a high amount of vitamin C, folate, fiber and complex carbohydrates, also reduses the risk of cancer, there are a number of enzymes in cauliflower such as "gluathione transgerase" that help with the detoxifying process which is essential to weight loss and general health.

If you have a thyroid condition stick to cooked cauliflower, reason being the cooking inactivates the goitrogenic compounds found in caulifloer. these substances occur naturally in certain founds and can intefere with thyroid function.

Recommended Usage: At least 3 cups of cauliflower per week.

Tomatoes- Cholesterol Zapper, Blood-Sugar Stablizer and Energizer. Excellent source of vitamin C and A, providing detoxifying antioxidants to neutralize dangerous free radicals. In addition, tomatoes supply fiber which has been shown to lower cholesterol levels, control blood-sugar levels and help prevent colon cancer

Tomatoes offer a notable amount of potassium, vitamin B6 and folate, they improve your body's energy production by supplying a bounty of biotin and help maintain bone health by serving as a source of vitamin K. And those blood-sugar levels, already supported by the fiber in tomatoes, are stablized even further by their chromium content.

Recommended Usage: daily as desired

The most concentrated source of vitamin C in a tomato is the jelly-like substance surrounding the seeds, but keep in mind that a "hothouse-grown tomato has half the vitamin C of a vine-ripened tomato.

Another tasty thing for the soup diet is...on the second day it's all vegies, and leafy greens are encouraged.

I sauteed fresh spinach in a bit of water and added some fresh hot pepper, cumin, garlic, and kosher salt.

On the fresh salad...a simple lemon vinaigrette.. 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp kosher salt, 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper.

both are MOST yummy!

(sorry to interrupt, cowgirl wave.gif:wave:--> )

Howdy gc !!

Here is some info on the yogurt as a fat flushing food,however the author doesn't mention non-pasturized yogurt. You might want to check that out, the benefits of non-pasturized yogurt over pasturized.

Yogurt-Thermogenic, Detoxifier and Engerizer,it contains beneficial bacteria, it increases resistance to immune-related diseases and may help you to live longer.

If you consume yogurt regularly, you'll be strengthening your bones with calcium and phosphorous, fortifying body tissues with protein and engerizing your metabolism with riboflavin and niacin, but it is the bacterial cultures - known as "probiotics" that make yogurt a fat flushing super food.

From minimizing bad breath to preventing yeast infections, "probiotics" work their magic throughout the body. They contribute to intestinal health and because they are resistant to stomach acid, continue their beneficial activities as they travel through the entire digestive tract. Yogurt helps reduce fatty liver diease, a common condition that is on the rise among over-weight people. Eating yogurt with live cultures revs up your body's ability to burn fat. Yogurt is high in calcium which is essential for releasing the hormones that break down fat.

Recommended Usage- up to 1 cup of whole fat or low-fat yogurt per day.

Because of the lactase it contains, yogurt is digested three times faster than milk, this makes it well tolerated by people who are lactose interolant.

Look for yogurt which tell you the live cultures it contains, the best quality products have the 5 following live bacteria - S.thermophilus, L.bulgaricus, L.acidophilus, L.casei, and L.reuteri.

Avoid yogurts that contain artificial colours, flavourings or sweeteners which also include fruit-filled yogurt which contain excess sugar, just add your own fresh fruit.

As far as steaming vegtables, here is the low-down on them.....most fruits and vegtables should be eaten in their entirety as all of the parts including the skin which contain valuable nutrients, when eating citrus fruits remove the rinds but eat the white part inside the skin for it's vitamin C and bioflavoniod content.

although most people usually cook their vegtables before eating, both fruits and vegies should be eaten raw as much as possible, All enzymes and most vitamins are extremely sensitive to heat and are usually destroyed in the cooking process.

If fresh produce is unavailable use frozen foods instead, if raw produce does not agree with you steam your vegies lightly in a steamer, cooking pan or wok just until lightly tender, preserving as much of the nutrients as possible. If you're not into organic make sure you wash your vegies and fruits as thoroughly as possible.

quote:
Originally posted by Cowgirl:

Howdy gc !!

Here is some info on the yogurt as a fat flushing food,however the author doesn't mention non-pasturized yogurt. You might want to check that out, the benefits of non-pasturized yogurt over pasturized.

I think the non-pasturized is the yogurt that still has live bacteria, not processed. I've been doing some reading, one site said that some times the bacteria will survive the process. Still reading, but this is some of what I found on the pasturization:

'...In some types of yogurt, the bacteria survive the processing; in other cases, the milk is pasteurized again after the cultures are added, and the bacteria are destroyed. This is more often the case in Swiss-style brands. Many frozen yogurt products are pasteurized after culturing, too. Check the ingredient listing for "active yogurt cultures" or "living yogurt cultures." Yogurt that has been pasteurized subsequent to culturing will be labeled "heat-treated after culturing."'

Wholehealthmd.com

Thanks for all the info!

gc

This thread is just wonderful! I've been trying to figure out how to work breakfast into my day. I think I'll try the yogurt smoothie with bananas and/or blueberrys. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Another good way to season up the vegies without the salt or oils is Ms. Dash original season salt and/or a few dashes of vinegar without the oil.

Cowgirl,

I live about two hours from the Detroit airport. Are you going there?

Here is a diet I've used that works really well. The major plus side is that you get weekends FREE!!!!

It's low fat, low dairy, low red meat, very very low sugar.

Now, that doesn't mean that you go nuts and eat any and everything you want...just means that you get that time to satisfy those cravings that might make you stray.

I usually use something to kick-start me...like now I'm using the Fat Burning Soup diet to get me started...then next Monday, I'll begin this one:

Breakfast

2 pieces of 12 grain bread with unsweetened applebutter

non-caloric beverage

Lunch (pick one each day)

Potato with ½ cup cottage cheese, vegetable salad

1 cup Lentil Soup (Progresso is the best), 2 pieces pumpernickel bread (or one pumpernickel bagel), vegetable salad

Shrimp Cocktail (8-10 medium shrimp), crackers, vegetable salad (no-fat dressing), (fat free cocktail sauce)

2 pieces of bread, 2 oz turkey, mustard, lettuce, tomato (no mayonnaise), one small pickle

1 cup Split Pea Soup (again, Progresso is the best), 2 pieces rye bread (or one rye bagel), vegetable salad (no-fat dressing)

Potato with ½ cup cottage cheese, vegetable salad (This is eaten two times a week)

Dinner

1 cup no-fat spaghetti sauce, 1 cup spaghetti, vegetable salad (no-fat dressing)

1 chicken breast, medium sweet potato, green vegetable

1 serving of broiled or grilled fish, baked potato, yellow vegetable

Chicken stir fry – 3 oz chicken cut up, bean sprouts, cabbage, onion, zucchini, and other veggies as desired), 1 cup brown rice (you can use chicken broth w/spices and corn starch for sauce)

4 oz beef steak, vegetable (no potato), dinner roll

Taco Salad (1 cup ground turkey, lettuce, tomato, olives, non-fat sour cream, salsa, one handful tortilla chips)

Desserts

Two nights a week you may have 4 oz of Frozen Yogurt when you have not had a milk product that day. You can have sugar free Jello ANYTIME

Edited by Cindy!