GreaseSpot Cafe

worship

smurfette

Worship = TWI definition: speak in tongues

What is your definition now that you are out?

I have even seen churches "dancing" during worship, I guess they say it's like what the Old Testament believers did. Has anyone seen that and what do you think?

Edited by smurfette

I still believe in SIT, but not everything TWI taught. I think they put too much emphasis on manifestations (which make me gag every time I think about how it was done), and they made it too senses oriented.

I am now happy singing at praise and worship time because it helps me to express my heart to Him without telling Him what I'd like Him to do for me. It's just a time to tell Him that I love Him and everything He's ever done for me. It is very refreshing compared to the ever-repeating BS messages in manifestations.

Worship to me is singing my love to God. Sometimes I also just sit and look at my gorgeous crape myrtle trees in awe and remember that God is God.

Its been a so long ago that I believed that SIT was worship, that I had forgotten. Heck, it could be that too, I don't know for sure. icon_smile.gif:)-->

gc

Worship - to me now - is sorta like putting out cookies and milk for Santa on Christmas Eve. Maybe it makes you feel better, but what is the point?

Like a being sage enough and powerful enough to command all the elements in the universe needs a few flawed humans to try their best to give Him ego strokes? Yeah, that makes sense...

What is worship to me. Well first of all it doesnt always happen at church.

Worship is when I connect with God. It happens somtimes when I pray, sometimes when I study, somtimes when I sing. It always happens when I am thinking about God and me and am willing to change.

I was in Mexico two years ago on a mission trip. After going into several homes and talking with people I went back to the hotel for a break. I naturaly went into a prayer time that lasted several hours. Its neat when you talk with God.