GreaseSpot Cafe

Is the Devil the cause of the bad weather??

Second James

for Second James:

quote:
Krys...then how do you explain Jesus casting demons (spiritiual) out of the possed man in the Gospels (definitely "natural")...Or what about Jesus sending out the 70 & they came back rejoicing because "even the devils were subject to them"????

Jesus used spiritual tools.So did the 70 he sent out. They used spiritual laws against spirits.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mj412

quote:
Is there a record about Noah ? God caused it to rain.

Is there a record about Famine in the land God knew about it. His people where warned and told to be prepared for it.

God can control the weather this is written. so can satan that is written.

God knows all the physical laws and so he knew in advance that a drought was coming. He did not with-hold the rain. If He could control the rain, why not just have it rain on the Israelites only then?

Posted By MJ:

quote:
God didnt want anyone to get hurt in Katrina that he loves...
And I thought God loved everyone. Silly me!

quote:
the rest unless they go to Him are on their own and pretty much at the mercy of whatever they have had so far.
So then, God only loves those that go to him and "the rest", (those that God doesn't love) are pretty much on thier own and got what they they deserved?

And I thought the Law of Believing worked for "saint an sinner alike".

Interesting...

A pic and chose God. Lets see I will love this one not that one.

No thanks I son't want to go to church with you.

I don't want anything to do with your lame God.

My God is love. All the time. I guess Jesus was a freak hanging around all those sinners. He came just to save the rightouse. Why do I need him I'm already good.

quote:
Originally posted by Goey:

Posted By MJ:

quote:
God didnt want anyone to get hurt in Katrina that he loves...
And I thought God loved everyone. Silly me!

quote:
the rest unless they go to Him are on their own and pretty much at the mercy of whatever they have had so far.
So then, God only loves those that go to him and "the rest", (those that God doesn't love) are pretty much on thier own and got what they they deserved?

And I thought the Law of Believing worked for "saint an sinner alike".

Interesting...

the thing is God does wish all to be saved, your right but His chosen are called before He made the "foundation" not all humans will be saved.

not all chose the Saviour as Lord.

If I lived in a town where I knew the levy could only withstand a #3 hurricane and was told a #5 was going to hit I might believe we could be flooded as well.

I do not think people had any idea how bad it was going to turn out to be, they didnt believe it. it is unbelievable really to me the destruction caused. still.

quote:
Originally posted by krysilis:

mj412

quote:
Is there a record about Noah ? God caused it to rain.

Is there a record about Famine in the land God knew about it. His people where warned and told to be prepared for it.

God can control the weather this is written. so can satan that is written.

God knows all the physical laws and so he knew in advance that a drought was coming. He did not with-hold the rain. If He could control the rain, why not just have it rain on the Israelites only then?

God CAUSED the earth to flood. He made it happen, He saved only Noah and the animals and his family.

He promises the earth will not be destroyed by a flood again. he will not promise something He can NOT do.

To "withhold" the rain Means He is in control of it !!!

the creator of the weather He made all the " laws" we think we are learning about in science remember He can control it any way he feels fit.

He has great power He parted the seas in two so the people could cross do ya think?

He created the heavens and earth and how it works Is UP to HIM.

He can and does control it.

Krys

your questioning of why God does things the way He does is pretty deep , ya know like a life time of learning for anyone willing to seek His will in life. God wants to prove to each person He is the most HIGH God ( and to the enemys) and aks His children to trust HIM.

still happens in leaps of faith today and will be how miricles happen till they are needed no more. He wants worship. it is His gig for us.

quote:
Originally posted by Danny:

A pic and chose God. Lets see I will love this one not that one.

No thanks I son't want to go to church with you.

I don't want anything to do with your lame God.

My God is love. All the time. I guess Jesus was a freak hanging around all those sinners. He came just to save the rightouse. Why do I need him I'm already good.

Gods childen are sinners, all are sinners.

If somone asked me for a book, I could give it to HIm. but if a person needed a book in say africa and I didnt know him or that He needed a book, I can not give him the book could I?

folks who do not seek God do not get answers from HIm He isnt rude and demanding of anyone He doesnt force His will On any soul. It is a choice to have a relationship with God.

and as I said before not all are called not all will chose God some will just live here on earth denying Jesus as Lord and have a great time and do as they will. God would not inturrupt their life He created them to live here. He did make that individual soul mom and dad did BUt He loves His creation of mankind and would never hurt them .... hmmm

but then how about those pesky records of you know HIM destroying His enemys over and over again in that Bible... what ya think?

maybe He has gotton mushy over the generations that He says will just get worse in the world and decide we are going to live in a peace fest now and allow His people to get hurt?

not really. get a grip.

Im in no way saying anyone deserves to be flooded, I am not saying God caused this flood.

Im saying God can control the weather. clearly it is written He created the forces that make the weather.

God can save His children many many did leave and are now safe.

God wished all would have listened to the warnings and got out and is still doing alot to help those who got hurt.

No one knows this answer but God. We are not supposed to know this. This has always been my problem about TWI and all belief systems. We do not have all the answers. We will never have all the keys to life. Weather can only be explained somewhat by science. god will never reveal all things until the very end.

Religious people, whether pagan or Christian, know that God holds the world in His hand.

But What the world looks like from His viewpoint we do not know unless there is a heaven and we will at one time look down on this place from His vantage point.

(I am sure Al-Queada are confident that God has visited Katrina upon us to help them in their destruction of the United States of America.)

What we can control is our response.

The American people who help when disaster strikes, whether in Africa or Chile or one of our own areas, are demonstrating again, we give help. That's what we do.

Edited by Kit Sober

I know there has been a lot of talk about greenhouse gases causes and increase in weather activities. Some of that might be true, but we never had a baseline to examine most of the theories associated with the warming predictions. Especially the ones about the hole in the ozone layer.

Another item associated with this Katrina storm was the position of Mars. Reports came out stating that Mars was as close as it has ever been in 50,000 years. When I was in grade school (they did have books then) we saw pictures/drawings of the moon and the effect the moon had on tides. Why hasn't there been reports about the effect of Mars on this storm? Is it out of the question?

I know if it popular to take the side of environmentalist about greenhouse effect, but most record highs that are being broken are from over 100 years ago. You would think that if the earth was truly warming, the records would be from within the last ten years. Just a thought.