GreaseSpot Cafe

Is the Devil the cause of the bad weather??

Second James

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Originally posted by Goey:

Now, Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld will line their pockets with kickbacks while Halliburton will reap great financial rewards as their subsidiaries will soon get contracts for the cleanup and reconstruction of the New Orleans area.

And...And...And...

Because the oil refineries in that area were so severely damaged, the US will need to import more oil from places like Iraq.

And which company is the leader to rebuild the oil infrastructure in Iraq?

Well, it ain't Earl Burton! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Doncha just love conspiracy theories?

Hurricane low and peak seasons go in cycles. The seawater temps where these things blow up has only warmed one degree since the 1950's I believe. The earth needs these storms to cool the planet. It is just amazing the amount of heat hurricanes disperse. I hate they hit land and destroy but hurricanes are a part of what helps support life on this earth.

Rascal my dear...some people DON"T Pray...they run for it..many times. Jesus spoke many times about rebuking the ole devil & he'll flee & in remembering her telling the story..they all got outside & demanded that Satan stay off the premesis in the name of JESUS CHRIST & by gosh the ole twister hopped right over them!!

Not a question of whether God "likes' any particular person or not, since God says of himself that he is ALL LOVE..but rather whether we utilize the powerful name of Jesus Christ to off set the power the stinkin' devil does have in this world.

The World trade disaster in terms of prayers, I'm sure AFTER the planes hit...many prayers were said & many miricles did happen because of these prayers..but to insinuate that God didn't love or like the people in those towers after MEN did to the towers what they did...t'were't God who did it dear Rascal but men..& God then does what he's asked to do via the prayers of those who believe.

I'm insulted by your post..but I know that you've consistently expressed the pain YOU personally have over & over & over..so I didn't think it would escape this post. I pray God helps you with your pain... Sure love ya!! :^)

James, sorry that is what comes to mind when I hear of one person claiming that their prayers were effective while the soul next to them is destroyed in spite of their prayers.

I really do wonder when some folks come out rejoicing that God saved them...it seems like it is just another way of saying, that God just didn`t care for the others as much that perished.

I am sorry thatI offended you....really, these are just some things that I have been musing over the last few years....your post just got to the crux of what MY delema is......I`d like to ask you to forgive me for being tactless please.

quote:
I think that "weather" sent the hurricane. I know many dismiss "weather" as superstition, promoted by TV people who believe in "meteorology."

I personally think "weather" is directly responsible for tornadoes and hurricanes, as well as "snow."

Call me naive, but I think if it weren't for the sun heating vast oceans of air and water around the globe, bathing this Earth in light, warming and cooling us daily as it spins upon its axis (the axis of evil?), and in seasons as it revolves around the hot, bright yellow star, we wouldn't be seeing this "weather."

Maybe someone should put a stop to it. Couldn't the government do something?

I think that the President should immediately come out and declare war on the sun and its evil network of weather and start a multipronged attack to end this scourge of Global Weatherism.

How long must we have our American lifestyles interfered with and hindered by these bastards who dare to attack us unprovoked?

Cathy..I have absolutely no problem as far as forgiveness goes..I realize that you have gone thru way too much for any one person who is TRYING their best for God..I get that.Many of us were in different positions in trying to "be" for God what we could be.TWI did alot of evil ...no doubt...TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE in my book..BUT we have to move on & love ourselves despite what they attempted to trick us into.(& succeeded at quite often)

I was never Corps..your experience is one that other Corps gals can relate to a whole lot better than I could ever imagine.Their gun to our head..one of manipulation & fear motivation...did the trick & the pain was caused...now do we wallow in that for the rest of our lives and in attempting to "warn" or help people out of the organization...further encase ourselves in victimization? That's where I differ I suppose in that I'd LOVE to see you rise above it. Maybe I'm an idealist & its not possible. But I believe this saviour of ours IS the healer of ALL hurts & forgiveness towards this organization is a reality.((RASCAL)))

MStar..Gosh don't get George W to spend our $$ on THIS ..pleaae!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Causing 'bad' weather?

First off good / bad things, is in issue of mine. Things are things. Things are not good, nor can they be bad, they are things. A hammer is a hammer, it is not 'good' nor is it 'bad', it is a hammer. If a hammer is used to cave-in someone's skull, is that hammer now a 'bad' hammer? No.

Secondly weather is caused by the earth spinning, the earth also woobles and tilts (which tends to slosh things about a bit), and the sun sends a huge amount of heat and energy into the atmosphere which loads a lot of that same atmosphere with a lot of energy (which then needs to be spent), and lets not forget that way way way out there are these huge bodys of magnetic and gravitational pull and they swing around through space pulling on us. (some bodies may spin evenly around us, while other bodies swing around other bodies, so some of those pulls are easily predicted while others of those pulls are more difficult to predict).

Does the devil 'cause' weather? No. All these dozens of things cause weather.

I do beleive however that there do exist spiritual beings which can at times direct the flow of weather or at times shield an area from weather.

James no the devil isn't to blame for bad weather cuz in the ol testament GOD hisself used fire n brimestone hail and rain, frogs, locusts and other assundry things to wreak havoc on his misbehaving kids. I think his strike the sinner dead is a fine example of good parenting skills and intend to employ them with my next set of kids.

Man is responsible for this disaster, him and him alone.

quote:
Originally posted by mstar1:

I think that the President should immediately come out and declare war on the sun and its evil network of weather and start a multipronged attack to end this scourge of Global Weatherism.

How long must we have our American lifestyles interfered with and hindered by these bastards who dare to attack us unprovoked?

Yeah! Nuke the sun!

Aww James, I have moved past the hurt, and am now just good and damned mad...lol

No doubt allan, no doubt. Fortunatly, God in all probability knows the score between me n him ... so you don`t need to worry yourself on that account :-).

Herbie, *employ them with my NEXT set of kids* roflmao

If prayer or believing works a la PFAL, and the DEVIL created this hurricane, then those of you who believe that please explain.

Why didn't your prayers or the prayers and beleiving of countless others stop this hurricane. You did pray didn't you? Prayer and believing is bigger than the Devil isn't it?

Are you telling me that out of the several million folks in the path of that storm, that not one person prayed with enough "believing" to stop it? Not even the collecive prayers and believing of the thousands and thousands of folks that assuredly prayed was enough to turn Katrina back? Not one single person on the whole earth had the faith of a grain of mustard seed?

Are you telling me that known science and physics is wrong concerning weather paterns and phenomenon such at hurricanes, floods and tornados , and that the "Devil did it"?

OK then, why doesn't the Devil make huricanes in January? Or tornados when there are no frontal systems?

Show me a January huricane in the Gulf of Mexico, or a tornado where there are no frontal systems, or an earthquake where there is no fault line or volcanic activity, and I might consider that Satan had a hand in it.

I don't think the devil gets employed until AFTER a natural phenomenon or disaster.

But on another note....

Where does one go?

Tornado alley: everyone can just live underground....but then it could flood..and be so boring and hot, no light....bad

Earthquake central....they could live in cliffs, oh wait, landslides and forest fires..

Hurricane coasts, the could move INLAND, oh wait, flooding.....no nice view either....

Maybe we should all live in.....Buffalo!

OH wait.....blizzards...

I am still trying to figure this one out banghead.gif

quote:
If prayer or believing works a la PFAL, and the DEVIL created this hurricane, then those of you who believe that please explain.
I do believe it is possible for folks to pray to God, and God stopping the hurricane.

Prayer with believing and receiving is in the bible.

Why it didn't happen this time, I don't know.

I believe it has happened in the past.

Regarding the devil having a hand in it, it's really simple.

There are two spiritual forces at work, God and Satan.

Looking at it spiritually, who's the author of death?

The devil gets the stigma for that.

He caused the original calamity to happen, tofu v. bohu, he is the spiritual cause of death, in the least common denominator.

That was in PFAL and I still believe that.

So the devil did have a hand in it, whether today 2005 or ions ago, he had a hand in it happening, he's been around that long and the spiritual cause of death and destruction.

Either that or God is the cause, then some of you folks might want to blame God for killing all these folks. icon_frown.gif:(-->

quote:
I do believe it is possible for folks to pray to God, and God stopping the hurricane.

Prayer with believing and receiving is in the bible.

Why it didn't happen this time, I don't know.

I believe it has happened in the past.

Can you cite a single example? (I don't mean somebody's house getting missed by a tornado when other houses were hit. That happens all the time, with or without prayer.)

Then you can thank me now. My righteous self prayed and God listened so your sorry copped out foot could be safe from doom and destruction. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I also took a full inventory of my house, bought hundreds upon hundreds of dollars worth of emergency supplies, canned food, water and bleach. I even got shooting lessons and a gun. Since I prepared for the worst and prayed for the best with all the other TWIts in the world, y'all owe me a huge debt of gratitude. wink2.gif;)-->