GreaseSpot Cafe

how many of you are attending a regular church?

Jan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose that even WITH all of the errors of KristenDUMB they haven`t been able to achieve the viscious destruction we endured from those who supposedly knew the *truth*.

Sadly, it would appear that all of the truth, scriptural knowledge and continual studying on the planet will not necessarily prevent one from indulging in great evil....

I think the most important commandments...or laws *truth* if you will, as listed by Jesus Christ himself .... is *love God* and *love your neighbor*...

Who is demonstrating this?

Yeah..

"christendumb".

I think that phrase kinda pushes a few buttons around here, like a red flag to a bull.

But no, I'm not charging..

I only regard it as "vey speak". A loyism, written in der book of der loy..

"Kristendumb: those that is not US"

loy is not a man to be emulated or admired. Personally, I wouldn't even want to sound like him..

Oh well.

quote:
Listening to them makes me feel like the 7 epistles were never written.

One thing I learned in the last few years, is how to look at it from the other guy's point of view. Sometimes its pretty valid. They might say, "listening to YOU, makes me feel like the four gospels were never written".

True at one time. icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
Originally posted by personalentertainr:

I'm floored by how many of you are so easily able to compromise and put up with traditional Kristendumb.

Then again, maybe God has healed many of us and led us away from the misconceptions aquired during association with twi.

How about we compare the fruit of just about any church against the fruit of twi ....there aren`t many that can match the putrid fruit produced in twi.

I think that the false standards and notions aquired in twi...ie we are so great and churches are so dumb.....is a simple diversion to keep people from doing as galations suggested...thus exposing twi for what it really was.

I admit, to my shame that at one time I had the same attitude towards churches and non twi believers as personalentertainr.

My parents didn't raise me to act in such a bad manner, so where did I learn this from? TWI

TWI, being a cult taught us to criticize and make fun of non TWI Christians. Why? Because they didn't want to lose followers and their money to churches that were more loving and godly then TWI!

But after a few years away from the ungodly cult of TWI, I started to grow up unto Christ and repented of this evil attitude.

I realized that church goers are part of the body of Christ and they're my brethren, even if I don't agree doctrinally with them 100%.

I started applying the second greatest command to love your neighbor as yourself and threwout the arogant, ungodly behavior as taught by TWI.

I attend church not because of doctrine, but because I love God and my brethren in Christ, I attend to worship God and fellowship with others who love God.

There are some churches I prefer not to attend, but I wouldn't be hateful towards them, since that would be against God's Word.

Now THERE is the attitude and walk in love of a Christian that I can respect!

Out in 88, THIS is an example of the way a genuine spiritually mature Christian behaves..... Such a stark contrast from the counterfit attitude of arrogant bullying we aquired while in twi.

All of the scriptures and doctrine in the world can`t *fix* what is broken by adherance to twi dogma....

Edited by rascal

I am humbled yet proud to say that I attend regularly Cherry Hill Baptist Church. Our preacher is truly a wonderful man and prays for God Almighty to inspire him for each service.

Yeah, it takes some time to get the waybrain out of your mind, but I PUSH it out any icon_smile.gif:)-->time it tries to interfere with the message.

As I have said in another post, I am saved and going to heaven and I know it. I really don't care if there were 2 or 4 on the cross with Jesus, because the MOST important one WAS on that cross. He died and was raised again.

Hey Jan, welcome. My brother and his family have been going there for quite some time. They kept talking about their preacher. He isnt a smooth talker. Just a good ole country boy who was called to preach. Such a change from the ones that are so polished and perfectly well-spoken. A wonderful change.

Ok, off to kickboxing. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Hi Def:

Not sure if the pastor that left our church became bishop. There was a pastor a while back that did leave the church but some of the older folk there said the church was dying. Then they got a new pastor and it took off.

So, probably not. They do have pretty good uplifting and practical teachings.

These forums do not enable me to quote someone, but thanks to the person who said they prayed over the phone book. I did that the other night and like you, I was Pentecostal but felt drawn to a Presby church (PCA). I talked to the pastor the next day and we had a nice conversation. Looking forward to going there on Sunday. icon_smile.gif:)--> Thing is, I probably never would think that church was an option, but what I'm hearing here changed my thinking to at least consider it.

Jan

Jan

quote:
Originally posted by Jan:

These forums do not enable me to quote someone

Sure they do. There are two ways. To quote with attribution, like I just did, click on the quote icon at the lower right of the post you want to quote, then edit the text between the "quote" and "/quote" brackets to include only what you want to quote. To simply quote text without attribution, just highlight the text and click on the "Reply" tab at the bottom of the page.

We've tried out many churches since leaving twi.

Let's see...there's been the Apostolic Church, C.O.G.I.C., United Methodist Church (where I was water baptized right out on the lawn! and after I came up, a butterfly flitted down to me icon_biggrin.gif:D--> ), Unity Church, some Catholic churches, several 'unaffiliated' churches, a twi offshoot church and now we're regularly attending Harmony Vineyard in North Kansas City, MO. (Can't get the link thingy to work, but here's their website: http://www.harmonyvineyard.com )

Jan,

Did any of these churches have small groups? Small groups are a great way for people to get together outside the church and fellowship. I have seen them with all women, all men, singles, married, or even by interests (i.e. surfing). I made close friendships through small groups and had wonderful fellowship through them.

We also make a point to talk to people before service or after. Sometimes we invite them to go out to eat after a service.

My absolute favorite church is Canyon View Christian Fellowhsip http://www.cvcf.com. You can hear some of the teaching on the website. It's very people oriented, the teachings are applicable (better than most I ever heard in twi), and the praise and worship leader is the best! I like that the pastor promotes a "safe" church. You can find information about safe churches on the website. It's a completely different aspect than what we were taught in twi.