GreaseSpot Cafe

What about Wanda?

TheHighWay

With all the discussion about Mrs. Wierwille being one of the few truly decent things about twi, and with the ongoing comments about folks like Rosalie and Emmogene being some of the worst folks to work for/with, it got me wondering:

What about Wanda?

She seemed to go about her business in a reasonable manner. She seemed to be pleasant to those around her. She seems to have managed to keep her head down out of the line of fire in recent years. But, I worked "around" her, not with her. I cleaned the dorm rooms she assigned to outside guests. I served her at head table. I worked on projects at the airport house. So, my knowledge is limited.

Anyone have first-hand knowledge... was she decent or a disaster?

Sorry Highway,

I don't have any input into what you are asking, but I do have a question.

I believe that since the passing of Don her husband, she has been living in the Wierwille home with Mrs. VP (until she moved to a home in St. Mary's), with her daughter Laurie, husband and child (children?).

Will Wanda live in this home now for free as long as she wants?

My experience with her was always decent. In fact she was there a lot of the times when I spent time w/ Mrs.

Laurie was a great kid too. One of the few children of the higher-ups who never gave us any trouble in Children's fellowship.

I never had a bad expereince with Wanda. Never even heard of anyone else having a bad experience with her.

Of course there were desent people in twi. What is the point? These women didn't seem to hurt people like their husbands did. Instead, they sat by while their husbands damaged many people, many families.

I could name quite a few good, desent, well meening, people in the der Vey, look at all of you. Well, most of you. Although, none of you (I don't think) had a spouse that hurt hundreds if not thousands of lives and families while you sat by idealy.

A good woman, maybe. I'll put a star on my refrigerator for her.

I saw her be a little irritated with Mrs. Wierwille when Mrs. W was taking pictures with the children at HQ for the Christmas party. I was a little taken back by it. She didn't seem to be very compassionate when dealing with an older woman. Perhaps she was expressing frustatration because she was taking care of her older mother-in-law. I don't remember if Don was alive then. Mrs. W had a broken wrist at the time, and there are hundreds of kids to have pictures taken with.

In regard to the funeral, it does not surprise me no one from staff attended. However, it does surprise & disappoint me that Wanda was not there. She was always caring for her mother-in-law. She tended to be nice to all she came in contact with. I had opportunities to talk with her the past few years and she had nothing but kind words for my family.

Is it possible that she could not bear attending???