GreaseSpot Cafe

Secondhand Lions

Zixar

Saw it this weekend 6er... I have to agree, it was an all around good movie, I would say one of the best I've seen in a while... the spousal unit and I enjoyed it a lot, I even got a little misty there for a minute... we took my sainted Mother and I'd occasionally look over to see if she liked it, her eyes were glued to the screen and a big smile just plastered on her face...

If you haven't seen it, take your family, it's a great movie to see with those you love... but if you're alone, you can go too....

... confusion will be my epitath...

This is definitly a 'life works' feel good' and they all 'lived happily ever after' movie!!

Just watching the three of them-- Robert Duval, Michael Caine and Haley Joel Osmet (??) was a treat!

I do have one question-------- what happened to the giraffe?

I had wanted to take my kid last week, but she didn't want to see it (we went to see Dickie Roberts then... nucking futs).

However, this evening, we went to the early showing of this one.

I echo all of the above comments... and add that since I have one more in the incessant series of 2003 custody hearings (I won't go into the why, here) on Monday... this was a good way to start the weekend.

Actually, those who saw it might understand a little of what I've been going through with my kid.

Though my ex isn't as much of a floozy as Walter's mother, the new man problem has some parallels for my daughter (the stepfather and DV, and a mother who is a smooth operator in court)... so, this provides some good food for the kid's thoughts. As I have been ordered to bring her with me Monday to the hearing...

Anyway, delightful movie. Loved all the dogs (including Arnold Ziffel's cousin...that's what it reminded me of). Laughed out loud when I saw the barn in the last scene... because it was sooo typical.

Thanks so much.

The previews made it look like my kind of movie, but I am gettng leery of so many movies that look like they are nice and then turn out to be really depressing (life is depressing enough for meicon_smile.gif:)--> )

So thanks for telling me it is a safe movie to see.

Sincerely and hopefully,

icon_smile.gif:)-->," God