GreaseSpot Cafe

God Bless Texas

Ron G.

A couple of nights ago there was a newsman (FOX, NSNBC, CNN?), talking to a Texas judge (AG?), about the possibility of looting in Texas like they had in Nawlins. The judge said that he didn't think it would be a problem, since Texas law said you could shoot, AND KILL (emphasis on "AND KILL" was the judges), anyone looting your home or business.

The judge further stated that Texas gunowners had the right AND OBLIGATION to shoot AND KILL anyone who tried to loot their neighborhoods when the police were not able to respond for some reason. The newsman was having a cow. The judge kept saying "shoot, AND KILL". The newsman finally said that sounded rather "draconian", and asked the judge if there had been any "recent rulings" that midigated these laws.

The judge said simply, "NO". By now the newsguy didn't know what to say. He turned to the camera and said, "New Orleans evacuees, be forwarned". I was rolling in the floor by that time!

GOD BLESS TEXAS!

Texas is bad to the bone...

A little incentive for not looting.....

Of course the liberals would sit down with him and ask him about how his parents treated him when he was a child........

What drove you to want to loot???

Was your father an absent parent???

Was your mother an absent mother???

Did they spank you or put you in time out???

Did you have to live in the projects cuz your parents couldn't (wouldn't) work???

Did they reason with you when you were two???

You know this is not your fault that you looted right???

It's George Bush's fault.

Of course the liberals would sit down with him and ask him about how his parents treated him when he was a child........

What drove you to want to loot???

Was your father an absent parent??? .....

etc., etc.

Well, I would imagine that after about 20-30 minutes of that kind of haranguing, the thief would want to be shot just to end it all. So maybe the liberals aren't so soft on crime after all.

;)

I dunno Ron, this is one liberal who doesn't give a rats foot about upbringing. An adult is an adult and is responsible for their choices. Additionally, if your upbringing left you a criminal then the only way the streets are safe is with you in prison or dead, regardless of who you blame for how awful you are.

You know, if they had written that only as:

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
there wouldn't be any problems today with owning a gun. Registration of a firearm would easlily be considered an infrigement. Any other restriction would never old up.

But since they put that part in about a militia and free state, sort of complicated the meaning a bit, too much for liberal judges.

Can you tell I live in a state with rather strict gun laws? I definetly don't live in Texas.

You know, if they had written that only as:there wouldn't be any problems today with owning a gun. Registration of a firearm would easlily be considered an infrigement. Any other restriction would never old up.

But since they put that part in about a militia and free state, sort of complicated the meaning a bit, too much for liberal judges.

Can you tell I live in a state with rather strict gun laws? I definetly don't live in Texas.

Greasy Tech --- I live in Minnesota, and the laws here are similar to what you are probably used to.

Recently the *conceal and carry* law up here has been relaxed, to the point where even honest law-abiding citizens can carry guns (should they choose to do so), although the million moms are up in outcry against it. I personally don't like it that a person has to take a *class* to learn how to shoot safely, but hey -- if that is what it takes, I'm all for it.

I am hugely amused every time I go to the local mall and see the sign:

GUNS BANNED ON THESE PREMISES.

Excuse me -- the local criminal is going to heed that?? Uh-uh --- I think not. Don't get me wrong here. I only have one rifle (a .22 calibre) and am not looking to *carry*. But some folks have the need to do so, and they should not be hindered by a buncha folks who have no business poking their noses into other folks business.

More states should be like Texas, and require their citizens to be accountable.

I sort of like the concept of gun laws. I think that in this day and age it would be sort of nice for people to mandatorily carry guns. And not concealed either. I guarantee that society would become significantly more polite.

But I do believe in gun control...you need to KNOW where that round is going. :D

IMO...

It sounds like Texas found a use for looters... Target practice...

I think that everone who owns a rifle or pistol should know how to use the weapon correctly.

One of the "gun rules" I learned many years ago is...

Don't point a weapon at somebody unless you are about to or are prepared to pull the trigger...

I also learned that there is a difference between a rifle and a "gun". There is a little poem that was used to help teach the diffenence.

The Guy reciting would be holding a rifle with his left hand and pointing with his right. The poem went something like this...

This is my rifle (right hand points to rifle)

this is my gun (right hand points to the guy's gun)

this is for shooting (right hand points to rifle)

this is for fun (right hand points to the guy's gun)

Now does this (right hand points to rifle)

look like this (right hand points to the guy's gun)

Ok the Judge did not fully expain the law.

In Texas, after dark, you may shot someone stealing your property if you don't reasonably believe you can recover it. During the daylight you can only kill to preserve life.

That being said. If he's dead who is to say that he wasn't trying to kill.

I have more guns than I need but less than I want.

I have somewhere around 10000 rounds of ammo. I'd have more if I could keep the boys from shooting it all up.

Edited by ex70'shouston