GreaseSpot Cafe

4th Annual Weenie Roast: The Details

Abigail

Awww Bell, y`all give me entirely too much credit...I just happened to be the most visible....you didn`t see sushi and abby and jean back at their camps cooking up a storm....or your mom and others doin the dishes, organising the tables....it ABSOLUTELY was a collaborative effort.

Somebody was always cooking eggs and bacon, and biscuts in the other camps and cabins.....

Sushi n Abby were up before everyone every morning , makin the coffee so the rest of us could function :)

In addition to a great sunday breakfast, Sushi made outstanding chili friday night when I failed to get to camp in time to do supper....

Bell, the sticky buns both mornings were scrumshus....

Jean made a fabulous salad and spaghetti saturday night....sushi n I tried to help.....

There were plenty of snacks and smore`s n drinks, plates, plastic ware, napkins....alla the extras that made things nice were provided by robin, and bow, mr. hamm.

I am afraid I am leaving someone out.....

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're right, Rascal! I wasn't trying to slight anyone, but we did agree on your new "label" ;) LOL!

Sushi and Abigail are awesome cooks!! The chili was wonderful!!! Sushi and Rascal both make a mean Sausage Gravy and that salad Jardinaro made......YUMMY!!!!

I'm so glad that Bow came through with the 'smores fixin's and the camera to prove that we all really DID meet! :) I still wish we had talked Shellon into performing for us.....

Do you realize how many people we had there?? I think I counted NINETEEN Adults and NINE kids! I think the kids caught enough fish for us to have been able to eat all week-end if we'd have had the means to cook them.

These Mama's are GOOD! Let me tell you, I thought I was hallucinating once. I heard a cry behind me and as soon as I blinked my eyes, BOWTWI had moved from one side of the camp to right behind me! I think she just blinked her eyes and "appeared" right behind me.

I will make a note to NOT bring noise makers next year as the kids have enough talent to make their own noise. B) I also promise not to show any one else how to make balloons squeak.

Bell, I talked to mark last night...he had been following the thread....and had to pick up my folks at the airport yesterday....lol...he was gonna suprise you and meet you at your flight....

Hee hee, it probable wouldda scared the heck outta ya though....a strange man trying to get your attention at the orlando airport...... :unsure: rofll

He didn`t get there quite in time though....my Dad`s flight was a litlle later.

I had forgotten about the puter withdrawals.....what a scream...alla us gathered around paw ...eager for just a glimpse at the forums....we are sad sad people :(

Mammoth caves were a blast, thank your folks again if you would....they were wonderfull....

Robin, I believe that you were responsible for the location....I`d say you made a good choice....and thanks :)

J darlin, ask and ye shall receive. While you were posting the above, I was posting more pics. I'll put some more up tomorrow - I'm not at home and I didn't get them all on the disc I brought with me, so I have to wait til I get home again, home again, jiggedy jig...

Rascal has been nicknamed Darnkess in a bowl...

Belle - you won't believe what I did! Turns out I left my bag with my camera at that hotel we stayed at. Imagine my panic when I went to get it to take pictures of Xena!!! We searched the back of the truck, once by flashlight and then again first thing in the morning right after you left for the airport. Rascal offered to keep the princess there while we went back to the hotel and those wonderful people had it and gave it back with all the CD's and stuff I had in it. That would have been a pretty easy "steal" to get away with, but they gave it to us. Chance gave the guy a $5 thank you. I cried when I saw my favorite traveling bag - the blue and white striped one with the Florida logo on it. Fortunately, all is well. I thank God.

We saw 7 dead deer along the road on our 598 mile trip home.

It was such a terrific mix of people. I miss you all already! I'm so glad I get to see Belle next month when we visit bow jr for Thanksgiving.

If any of you weenies want a CD of the pics I took full size, just email me your address and I'll send them to you in the mail. (Did that sound insulting? I'm from the north and I can get in trouble saying "Good morning." I mean no insult. Weenies is a term of affection.) Or if you have high speed internet service, I'll email them (I have dsl).

Edited by bowtwi

Oh Rascal, it's probably a good thing Mark didn't show up at the airport. :D I was missing everyone so bad that by the time I got to O-Town, I would have probably strangled the poor guy and talked his ear off about how wonderful you and the kids are! LOL!

BOWTWI, I'm sooooooo glad that you found the camera! That had to make you sick to your stomach till you had all your things back into your hands. (I smiled when you called us "weenies" - I considered it a term of endearment - glad that's what it was! :) ) I can't wait to look at the other pictures you added! Please e-mail the whole album to me. I'm on a T1 here at work and have high speed wi-fi at home when my neighbor's system is up. :P

Did y'all get a picture of Zena? I was thinking what about "Duffie" as the mascot name or "Gravy"?

I need to know about this "Darkness in a Bowl" name...... I'm sure that's a good story!

I bet the Princess loved seeing all those deer! As long as they don't get into the middle of the road or bust out windshields they're nice to see.

WWJLA, remember me on the CD request list, please!! I want to buy 2 copies of each one. :)

I knew this Roast would be a great one when I decided to ride the bus rather than drive. My thinking was I'd catch up on my paperwork and do a bit of studying and sleeping.

I soon realised my hopes for a quiet trip were delusional when the man sitting next to me looked up from some papers he was reading and exclaimed *Good news! The hospital said I wasn't a danger to myself or others!"

I said "Yes this is a good thing to know, when were you discharged?"

"Today..."

I figured he was still on his happy pills so we spent the better part of the trip talking about progress not perfection, the relative merits of various moonshine setups and the state of the world and had a great time.

I had one moment of excitement on the ride up tho when we passed our dear sweet momma Rascal's RV. My not a danger to myself or others friend suggested scribbling "help me" on the rear window and pleading with the driver to stop :o

Edited by Wonton Soup

I arrived in Cave City about dark thirty and my ride soon had me at the cabins and amongst friends it was so good to see folks I hadn't seen in a year or more, we hugged talked ate and laughed, ate laughed talked n ate some more and then after everybody had a chance to talk and meet we ambled off to bed as most reasonable adults do when free of cultic challenges.

My first impressions of the cabins were functional. The bunkbed matresses were hard and uncomfortable while the futon (which I slept on) was comfortable. You hadda bring yer own linens towels n such which made my life interesting as I sorta forgot that but the saints be praised my needs were provided for.

The cabins were interesting, they were oft repainted 1940's storage sheds sparesly refitted to include a stove top, bunk bed and the aforementioned futon. It is my understanding that bribes were offered in an attempt to secure a comfortable bed althoI am in no position to admit or deny such allegations ;)

Edited by Wonton Soup