4th Annual Weenie Roast: The Details

Abigail

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Due to unforeseen circumstances (and expenses) I will not be able to attend the Weenie Roast this year. I'm totally bummed and my parents were even going to come meet everyone and spend the night with us on Saturday. icon_frown.gif:(--> I was looking forward to Daddy giving Sudo a run for his money on music trivia. wink2.gif;)-->

I reserved a cabin and have a reservation number. If someone wants to move that reservation to their name and credit card, please contact me. I'll hold on to it for a bit just in case, but I will definitely have to cancel the last week of September to avoid any cancellation fees.

• 2 weeks later...

Gee, people say they can't make it and others are sorry to hear it. What ever happened to "Where's your commitment?" wink2.gif;)--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

George

Which reminds me...The 18th annual "Thank God I'm Not a Pig" pig roast will be held Saturday, Oct. 8 at Quintana Beach Park (one hour south of Houston). (Not a GS event, but all GS'ers are welcome!)

*sing song voice*

I'M GOING! I'M GOING!! I GET TO GO TO THE WEENIE ROAST!!! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I got the last cabin the lady said they had. I also talked to Mama and Daddy and they are going to join us on Saturday night. My Mama has been dying to meet these wonderful GSpotters who kept her daughter sane and supported for so long. Daddy just wants to try Sudo's Stew. wink2.gif;)-->

Sudo, if I remember correctly you're from THAT OTHER school in Mississippi. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> I promise to leave my maroon and white at home if you leave that gawd awful rebel stuff behind.

I was thinking about buying the makin's for Sticky Buns to contribute, but I'm not sure if there's a stove in the effeciency cabins. It doesn't look like it from the pictures. What else can I bring to contribute?

We lost our live-in staff, and that is the hardest position to fill at the Noumenon House. (see the Prayer Room, and the "Loren is hurting" thread).

I now have to do overnights, as well as mega-overtime, and we have slim prospects on someone to fill the position.

Short of the long of it is -- if we don't find a qualified person within the next week or two, I will not be able to make it. It takes too much time to train a *newbie*, and if we don't find one quickly, the weenie roast is out of the questiion for me. icon_frown.gif:(-->

David

fiddlehead_sml.jpg

I checked out one of the cabins today at Jellystone. It was an efficiency, the smallest they have, but it was clean and had all the basics. There is a two burner stove in all the cabins, but no ovens in any of them. There is a microwave, small fridge, coffeemaker, and toaster. No TV's either, so if there's a game you can't miss, better bring a portable.

Outside of the cabins there is another table and chairs as well as a grill. Plenty of fire rings around the camps and several places where you can buy firewood. There is a small lodge with a grocery that carries basic food supplies, milk, bread, etc. and a big TV there in the lodge. There is lots of playground equipment so kids will have plenty to do.

Mammoth Cave is easy to get to from there, about 15 minutes. There are also other attractions between the campground and the park, as well as all the tacky souvenier shops you care to visit.

Overall, Jellystone is clean and well-maintained. I am looking forward to staying there and seeing everybody. David, I sure hope you can make it this year. I'm looking forward to some pickin' and grinnin'.

Any more questions please feel free to ask.

ok friends....it has been suggested that I get an idea of who is bringing what and let folks know what else is needed.

Sudo is bringing stew Friday night:

Anybody willing to bring dinner rolls and butter?

I can make breakfast Saturday morning:

Somebody could bring milk or juice..but not necessary...

Is anybody bringing coffee supplies? Otherwise, I can...

Saturday lunch? We could just have lunch meat and chips and stuff...kind of informal...any suggestions?

Saturday night, I thought that it would be fun to have burgers and dogs at the campfire....

Can anyone bring buns and fixins (like ketch up mustard ..maybe somebody bring chips?

Do we want breakfast sunday am?

we can fix a big meal or just have donuts, oatmeal cereal and such.

Can someone bring a sterio and some good music?

How about things like hot chocolate and smore fixins for the fire friday night....

Is anybody willing to bring drinks?

I intend on bringing enough to feed an army ... nobody will go hungry...but if anybod wants to help....these were some of my ideas.....

Shell and bow are bringing paper products..

Thanks rascal

And we've got sunday lunch and supper right? Monday breakfast? Are folks staying through monday?

I'll bring coffee and filters enough to keep coffee going all wkend for those that want it.

I don't have a big enough coffee pot.

Ok, for me it's coffee, filters, dry creamer and sugar. And I'll bring napkins and silverware.

Bow, ya wanna do the plates and silverware?