GreaseSpot Cafe

4th Annual Weenie Roast: The Details

Abigail

The weenie Roast will begin Friday October 7th and will take place at Jellystone park in Cave City, Kentucky. Details on the park and location can be found here

I have reserved an Amish cabin. It sleeps 9 and has a small kitchen. We still have roughly 2 - 4 open beds (pending confirmation from potential bunkies). If you are interested in bunking with us e-mail me at Abigail0900@yahoo.com.

There are a number of different styles of cabins, but there aren't many left and I'm told they will fill up fast.

There are still a ton of tent and R.V. sites available.

Either way, make your reservations soon. 800-523-1854.

We need to plan some meals too.

I will bring a huge pot of chili and I'm betting 1000Names will make sausage gravy for breakfast one morning. Rumor has it Sudo will bring some Stew.

We will also need drinks and paper products.

Edited by abigail

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure I got the right week-end since I'm really hoping to be there! I reserved one of the efficiency cabins and if Mama can't come then I'll have room, too.

Yeah!! I'm excited!! Just in case you couldn't tell. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

You should know - if you stay in a cabin you need to bring your own bedding and pillows.

They also have bunk houses that sleep anywhere from 6 - 40. Great way to save on expenses! The bunkhouses do not have a kitchen - but we are willing to share ours. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Just got my reservation for an efficiency cabin..

Yes, I'll bring my own sheets, blankets and towels but what the hey.. $117.91 for the entire time. Arriving Friday and leaving Sunday morning. Plus if someone wants to bunk with me, THAT cost could be split. Heck, Carol and I spent $161 for just ONE night for a suite at my family reunion a few weeks back.

You know... with the money I'm saving.. I might be able to afford to put some beef in my beef stew this year icon_biggrin.gif:D-->.

sudo

That extra beef might cover up the delicate flavor of the poosum tail tips and goat nubbins

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Abi a minor correction dear nono5.gif , this is the furth not the frith annual weenie roast. Reprove yerself then submit a three page report to the board of guv'ners on how you will do better next time or barring that castigate the 1k dude and tell us if he liked it icon_razz.gif:P-->

quote:
That extra beef might cover up the delicate flavor of the poosum tail tips and goat nubbins

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Makes me glad I missed the last two!!

Am wondering if possum tail tips and goat nubbins have anything to do with tooth extractions, and a successful dentinstry career?

(just kidding Sudo!)

David

Abi and Man of 1k -- I'm having a hard time getting into that site. icon_frown.gif:(-->

They keep disconnecting me, so I will have to go with the land-line number instead, tomorrow.

If I can make it (my schedule is subject to change at a moment's notice), I will plan on bringing enough coffee to float a battleship, and the coffee pot (big) as well.

If anyone hates strong, black, straight coffee -- bring yer own *pollutants of choice* to add to it (creamer, sugar, whatever). I refuse to supply those! icon_cool.gif

David

OK, is anybody going to camp? I am bringing my rv. I will probably pack my tent as well.

I will take the breakfast that sushi doesn`t, though my b&g certainly cannot compare with his...

It is helpfull if someone brings paper products, and plastic ware....

Rascal,

We could all be hanging out by your RV during the day if there's a good place for it. The weather will probably be cool and perfect for having a campfire going. Maybe Hawk will show up with a little pear juice, 'ya think??

sudo

The princess and I will be tent camping. We'll gladly bring paper products. We've got a start with the leftovers from our 4th of July picnic...

We'll also bring more stuff, but it's late right now and I just wanted to be "on record" responding to the tent camping question.

xoxo

Cool BEANS bow, the girls will be thrilled ...

Sudo, the campfire area hangout sounds great....

I think that I will bring hot dogs and burgers for a lunch ....so kiddoes have a chance to roast their hot dogs (no poison oak on the fire this time pleeeease they were covered head to toe from the smoke from the last one... grimace)

Hot choc and smores fixins a must....

Is this a state park?

wwjla, I read the directions on the back of a jiffy pop while camping last week.....

It said that you hadda do it onna stove...absolutely not over open flame....

So it really wasn`t your fault that it didn`t turn out when we attempted to cook it over the campfire.

GREAT Herbal!!!! You will bring your patient kindness and your gentle sense of humour, also, and most importantly, do not forget your quiet reasonability to smooth over any rough spots in the road :-)

What wouldda weenie roast be without our beloved benevolent dictator????

Is cam coming?

My sweetie and I will be there for the roast. We'll try to get one of the cabins, but it depends on how many are available in a week or so. I think we'll try to drive up to that area Labor Day weekend and check out the place. If anyone needs to know anything specific about the park, pt me and I'll try to find out for you.

I'm really looking forward to this again!

Highway,

So we'll finally get to meet. Remember a few years back we were trying to meet up when I was chauffering the family to the beach. Lookie at the list of attendies so far. I'm looking forward to it. And I'm really curious about Jellystone. Sounds like a place I WANT to like!

sudo