GreaseSpot Cafe

What's Wrong With This Picture?

Pirate1974

To see this in the Wall Street Journal, of all places, just doesn't seem right, somehow.

cvvbcvbc.jpg

This is America, of course, and the boys obviously need to start thinking about their retirement years, and a nicelittle $50,000,000 from Mercedes will buy a lot of denture cream and prune juice.

Mercedes might call this thing a "sports tourer" but it's a freaking STATION WAGON. The Rolling Stones are hyping a mom & pop station wagon.

Next think you know, Tommy Hilfiger will be using the Jefferson Airplane' s revolutionary anthem of the 60's "Volunteers" to see shirts.

Oops.

Hey. someone just sent me a list of ways to know you are too old to celebrate Halloween. One of the ways was when someone compliments you on your cool Keith Richards mask - only you aren't wearing one. :P

BTW - Hi, I'm new here and have been out of TWI since '88.

Karateka,

You saw Ted when you were a kid, eh?? Well, that makes you a youngster in this crowd, my dear :lol:. Good to see you here! Now visit around... post all you want and generally make yourself at home. And, uh, would you mind passing me the prune juice, sweetie?

sudo the aged

That "station wagon" is one of those new cross-over cars - you know, not quite an SUV, not quite a station wagon, and not quite a mini van - like the Chrysler Pacifica or the Dodge Magnum. They're very hip now - at least in my area where frontwheel drive or allwheel drive vehicles are a must-have because of the winter (read: NH livin'!)

And welcome to Karateka - can I give you a light? (Yes, I've smoke those, too.)

Hello, Moony. I see from reading an earlier thread that you are engaged. Congrats! Is your Ted the same one that played on stage at ROA's for years? If so, I saw him when I was a kid. :)

Thank you Kara. Yep. That's the same Ted Ferrell.

By the way Sudo, talking about being old, don't include the rest of us (unless, of course, we want to take advantage of those senior discounts haha).

Edited by moony3424

That's not your daddy's station wagon! Not your average daddy selling it either! :P

Exxcie! You scared the ever living crap out of me!! I do hope that's just a Halloween costume and not a permanent avatar! we don't want to be scaring people away....or do we? :o Could you follow Mike and Allan around for a few days? ;)