GreaseSpot Cafe

Remind you of anyone?

Sushi

So will Marguerite keep Jeanne's "ungodly" bequeathal?

You bet your bottom dollar she'll keep it. Folks like that become 'tolerant' of new agers and other 'infidels' like you wouldn't believe when it comes to accepting ca$h from them.

... then they go back to damning the unbelievers to hell! :evildenk:

:rolleyes:

ah yes--the fruitful joys of wingnut christianity....

Her beliefs remind me of a small offshoot Im aware of that grossly feared nearly everything...It was really more like a group mental illness ...

Do you think those children may have a few adjustment issues down the road? I'd bet at least one of them will spend at least 100K on therapists, psychiatrists and counsellors over their life to sort through growing up with that

What a madwoman. I feel for her kids, too.

George, that's not zeal, it's insanity. She was completely out of control and scaring her children half to death.

If her husband has any sense, he'll take the $20k designated for him to spend on his family and move them far away from this woman.

As I watched that video I tried to put myself in the same situation if I'd been at the height of my twi involvement at the time. I think I'd have been offended by the occult stuff, and if I'd been uncomfortable enough in the other family's home, maybe I'd even have left. But to come home screaming and ranting at her family...that was just NUTS.

It's interesting to note that this show always does everything within its power to create conflict between the two wives and their families. They put together slobs with neat freaks, vegetarians with cattle ranchers, and nutso fundies like that woman with wiccans. They WANT people to act angry, stupid, bizarre. Boosts their ratings. People enjoy crap like this for the same reason people watch Jerry Springer.

To be fair to normal, loving, non-nutcase Christians, I've also noticed through the years that whenever talk shows and reality shows pit a Christian against a non-Christian, they always pick the goofiest Christian on the planet. No wonder some people think all Christians are maniacs.