GreaseSpot Cafe

How are you cooking your Turkey this year

likeaneagle

Belle, thanks for posting that recipe. Sounds absolutely yummy.

I checked on allrecipes.com early this morning, and found a crockpot recipe. Since my oven is gonna be full tomorrow morning, I have decided to try the crockpot recipe.

PS Are you coming to my great state (eastern side of course!!!) for Thanksgiving, or just at Christmas?

Too bad, I live on the opposite end!!!

Thanks, Act2! You'll have to tell me how the crock pot recipe comes out. I LOVE crocking it! Anything that doesn't require much of my time is a winner in my book!

I love allrecipes.com - I also frequent cookinglight.com and weightwatchers.com :redface: I should really spend more time on the weightwatchers site, though! :P

I WISH I was going to be in your neck of the woods 'cause it's beautiful country, but I will be in Jackson, MS this year. I'm happy to be going to see the family and that we'll all be together, but pretty much everyone else lives in Jackson, Madison or Canton, so we're heading to them this year. I'll definitely let you know if I'm gonna be near you sometime, though.

Ron, I actually did that last year! It didn't turn out as nice as that one, but everyone loved it! :biglaugh:

Happy Thanksgiving!!

We are in our cabin for this Thanksgiving and are oven is apartment size. So we are only cooking an 11 pound turkey this year. I usually do as Sudo does and utilize a cook in the bag, but this year I am doing the roasting pan method slow cook at 275 degree until done and as usual stuffing it with oyster stuffing.

Love the oyster stuffing.

We also cook a roast of buffalo every holiday now. Only because we have a buffalo farm not far from us. Its really good ......... we cook it like you would prime rib with lots of salt pepper and garlic ..... and of course horseradish on the side.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Digi

I got my cranberry relish made!! It rocks! Got the pumpking pie made and the carrot, pineapple, coconut cake made too. I'm gonna frost it with cream cheese frosting.

We will be drinking cosmos tomorrow--cranberry juice with goodies in it!!

I better make sure hubby doesn't get too buzzed before he deep fries that turkey. We will injecting that bad boy with BUTTER and BUTTER and did I say BUTTER? Garlic too.

Ron's turkey does sound absolutely yummy! I wonder what an acorn-fed turkey tastes like. YUM!