GreaseSpot Cafe

Coffee

Raf

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Barnies snob, myself. :spy:

I LOVE Santa's White Christmas coffee and have no problem filling my "frequent flier" card with them on a regular basis.

I usually buy 1/2 lb. of non-flavored and 1/2 lb. of flavored at a time. I buy so frequently that they pull out the "blends" menu for me when I come in. My favorite of late is a "Sumatra Mandling" with "Java Kalisat" blend and my flavored blend is "Decadent Dark Chocolate" with "Hazelnut" - YUMMY!!

I've given up cream (REAL cream), but still use Splenda.

My office loves it when I recharge because I usually buy a pound or two for the community pot here as well.

I made a ton of Peppermint Crescent Cookies this week-end for a cookie swap - and brought back over ten dozen cookies. Would y'all like some to go with the coffee? :)

001tier.jpg

Note: these are not the actual cookies I brought back from the party.

Here at work it would be a criminal offense for a non coffee drinker to make the coffee.

Actually, there was ome time I liked coffee. It was on LEAD; it was cold, so was I, and the coffee was the only thing hot around. My taste buds were temporarily deprogrammed by whatever it is that reguates the body temperature.

And since then you have fallen away from The One True Coffee (Folgers)!

We must truly be in The Last Days

But, we that are true to The One True Coffee will keep coffee in the place of respect it deserves. Remember, coffee is only real coffee if you keep it first (thing in the morning).

Edited by moony3424

But, we that are true to The One True Coffee will keep coffee in the place of respect it deserves. Remember, coffee is only real coffee if you keep it first (thing in the morning).

first, huh? Okay, there are two ways to ask the question. 1...are there any coffee drinkers who are not helped by that first morning cup. 2...are there any coffee drinkers who are not grouchy as hell before that first cup?

Lifted Up

I do need to ask you where you stand as far as coffee is concerned: freind or foe?

We of The One True Coffee must stand in unity against the tyranny of the evil Decaf, which is the one cast down from coffeedom, but cleaverly disguised as coffee. Do not be deceived. There is only One True Coffee that without we could not survive!

If you a true die-hard, cowboy coffee is the ONLY way to go! Throw the grounds directly into a pot of boiling water, boil for ten minutes, then strain. Of course, it only really counts if you are freezing your a#@ off in some mountains in New Mexico. No cream and sugar allowed, and a sierra cup that hasn't been cleaned properly in two weeks is a must: that stainless steel taste is flavor enough.

No wonder I moved near a Starbucks.

• 4 weeks later...
Lifted Up

I do need to ask you where you stand as far as coffee is concerned: freind or foe?

We of The One True Coffee must stand in unity against the tyranny of the evil Decaf, which is the one cast down from coffeedom, but cleaverly disguised as coffee. Do not be deceived. There is only One True Coffee that without we could not survive!

I can't be objective here because I will defend my wife to the end...she is a big Decaf drinker.

This past week I went home for a funeral and stayed at my aunt's house. In true Southern fashion there was more food than there was room for in the kitchen, BUT - when I got up in the morning, eyes barely open, :yawn1: groggy and shuffled into the kitchen, I managed to find the coffee maker and then heard giggling behind me.

Mama, sitting at the kitchen table, beaming with bright eyes and pink cheeks managed to squeak out between giggles the most scary words I've ever heard..... "Jeanette doesn't drink coffee". :o

I started panicking and tearing the kitchen apart. How could someone NOT have coffee in their house??? :CUSSING:

I managed to find some ill fitting coffee filters (but would have used a paper towel if forced to) and some - GASP! - Decaf Generic Label Coffee. It could have tasted worse and it didn't fool my body, but at least I had the taste. We did get dressed quicker than usual so that we could stop by the store for me to get my fix before heading out for the day.

The cook made some killer Valentine's Day Pancakes this morning. Would anyone care to join me?

heart-cakes.jpg

the most scary words I've ever heard..... "Jeanette doesn't drink coffee".

I remember similar words when I visited my daughter's house in NC. Neither her nor her husband drink coffee. Bad thing is: they don't keep coffee nor have a coffee maker. Bad to horrific: I flew, didn't have a rental, they only have one car (and son in law took it to work), and don't live within walking distance to a restaurant or convenient store. :realmad::CUSSING::cryhug_1_:

The reality is, coffee only maintains its coffee status if it has two or fewer added ingredients, and there are rules concerning those ingredients. For example, if, in an attempt to lighten your coffee, you add dust... what's in that cup is no longer coffee. It's a chemistry experiment. Further, you're only allowed to sweeten with one ingredient. If you use that French Vanilla creamer (liquid) and add sugar, you no longer have coffee. You have a diabetic threat.

Finally, if it takes more than three words to order your coffee, it's not coffee, regardless of how many ingredients (Sweet-n-low counts as one word, and even then you're treading on chemistry experiment territory).

Starbucks sells approximately two types of coffee. Everything else is snobby yuppie beverages.

I have spoken.

gggrrrrrrrrrrr ......

(Now I know what to get Raf for Christmas next year: Pizza w/ pineapple, and a Starbuck's vente size cappuccino w/ cream, sweet-N-low, cinnamon, and chocolate mixed in.)

6pineapple_pizza.jpgstarbuck_coffee8.jpg

:evilshades:

Expand your world, man.